• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bumpstops for 2.5" lift

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
ok, so i have wild horses front coils (2.5) and Toms 11 leaf rear leafs (2.5) and i have stock bump stops (not the best combo) looking to get longer ones or extend what i have.

the fronts are original and look shot (cracked etc.)
the rears are original, well the one that is still there anyways...

so what is the best method for longer units in the front and back, and what overall length?

when i look on toms bronco parts, it looks like there is either stock, or generic looking aftermarket ones. aftermarket is fine with me, and so are generics, i can make them work, but just wanted to get some ideas from you all.

thanks

OP
OP
bluebronco69

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
anyone?
all the vendor shave what looks like generic aftermarket type stuff.
i guess i will just measure the length of the stock ones and add 2 inches and find some generics on ebay or something...

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Here's pictures of some stock one's extended.

Attachments

• upload_-1.jpg
    upload_-1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 45

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you have the tire clearance to run the stock bumpstops you will get the most travel. Its when you start running into clearance issues that you need to start getting into the taller/extended bumpstops.

Are you having clearance issues that require taller bumpstops?

Stock rubber are fairly good. Urethane is a bit more harsh unless you get some with the open voids in them. My favorite right now are the microcellural ones used on a lot of late model vehicles. They have a yellowish orange color to them. I think the last set I got were off the back of a Transit Connect. They have a way better feel as they hit compared to rubber or poly. Pretty easy to fab your own mounting as needed.

OP
OP
bluebronco69

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
No clearance issues,but my existing units are toast and or missi,g, so I figured I should get them replaced and right for my lift

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Maybe Prothane Coil Spring Inserts instead?

Attachments

• Prothane Coil Spring Inserts.jpg
    Prothane Coil Spring Inserts.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 32

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Ok, I know how you did it. But what part did you use?!!! I like that idea!

That's not my Bronco, I swiped that pic from a post by garberz:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264563

http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/universal-coil-spring-inserts.asp

I'm not sure that they are what I would use, I also like a set-up that Digger556 used; he mounted air bumps inside the front coil springs - very clean looking.

Here's a pic of that I swiped from his build thread on CCB:

Attachments

• IMG_20150514_202852_589_zpsxylcyivt.jpg
    IMG_20150514_202852_589_zpsxylcyivt.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 25