• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 band adjusting nut leak

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Where to find the seal. Or silicone?

Attachments

• photo1-7.jpg
    photo1-7.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 37

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
The bottom of the lock nut has a built in seal ring. Buy a new nut or back off the nut and clean the stud, adjust the band, then wrap close to the case tightly with several layers of teflon tape. then hold the stud and tighten the lock nut. the nut will compress the tape into the threads and case and seal the leak. Easier to just replace the nut.

OP
OP
half cab

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hey Phil, you think NAPA would have this. Bulk Parts wants $15 just to ship a $2.50 nut.

I will be at NAPA in the morning, wouldn't hurt to ask I don't guess.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Hey Phil, you think NAPA would have this. Bulk Parts wants $15 just to ship a $2.50 nut.

I will be at NAPA in the morning, wouldn't hurt to ask I don't guess.

Napa used to have a bunch of C4 parts. Don't know if they still do.

When I order parts from bulkpart its usually a couple hundred dollars at a time so I get free shipping. You just need to stock up.

OP
OP
half cab

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Napa used to have a bunch of C4 parts. Don't know if they still do.

When I order parts from bulkpart its usually a couple hundred dollars at a time so I get free shipping. You just need to stock up.

I need to look around on their site then. Never know what I might need.

Thanks