• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 linkage adjustment

ryan_289

Loc.
Russellville, AR
The 76 Bronco I just purchased I think needs adjustment to the shifter linkage on the C4 automatic. It wont always go into park. It acts like it needs a litte more sometimes. That should just be an adjustment shouldnt it?

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
At the bottom of the linkage at the tranny there should be an adjustment. If it has a body lift the linkage may requires some mods to allow it to adjust far enough. Don't wait to adjust this, and until you do don't let it idle in park unless you are sitting in it. Several people including myself have had problems with them rattleing in to reverse and then you have a run away bronco.

NoJoe

Loc.
san jacinto,ca.
Many years ago I rebuilt a Olds hydramatic and when filling it with old type A atf from the front of this monster it jumped in gear and ALMOST pinned me in the garage, I was much Faster then, old hydros had NO park until you shut the engine off and put it in REVERSE which was then PARK sorta, Joe.;D