• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 total rebuild

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
What is a fair price for a total rebuild on a C4 that has been "water logged" for a long period of time? Thanks

Bill

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
500 for a good rebuild if no internal parts are hurts. Some cheap shops will do them for 350.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
If it's had water in it for years it's probably only good for parts. I picked up a free C4 like that. Valve body was seized up, input and output shafts pitted badly, lots of rust inside.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
what city do you guys live in to get a "good rebuild" for $500? I'm serious, I've looked hi and lo here in the valley of the heat and best price is over $1,200. Anybody charging less than that has been on channel 15's "Action Line" show for fraud....

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
what city do you guys live in to get a "good rebuild" for $500? I'm serious, I've looked hi and lo here in the valley of the heat and best price is over $1,200. Anybody charging less than that has been on channel 15's "Action Line" show for fraud....

Do it yourself. I can do a stock rebuild on a good core for under $300.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I think I spent close to $500 in parts last time I rebuilt on.
Stock TC, Shift kit, rebuilt pump bearing/bushing kit master kit...

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thats what I was thinking, thanks. D20 and tranny come out next week.