• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

c6 205 shift cable bracket

Does anyone have a picture of what they came up with for a cable shifter hook up. Im in the process of converting to a auto with a short tailshaft c6 and a 205 with the winters shifter. was hoping someone could save me some time with what they came up with. looks like the bracket it came with is in the same location as my driveline.

brewchief

No help but interested in what you find as I'm planning on the same thing.

My garage floor mock up with the short tail housing makes me think driveshaft to trans pan clearance will be real tight and a CV shaft may not work, I've debated using the longer housing to gain room for front shaft but that makes rear shaft even shorter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T
my front shaft hasn't had a cv joint for years and Iv already installed it and it is going to clear the pan but the shifter linkage is in the way. I think I am going to extend the shift lever sideways and build a bracket from the transfer case so its about 3 inches out from the side of the trans. was hoping someone had a picture of one already done.

brewchief

I spent a little time trying to figure this out, wasn't to bad since trans isn't in yet. With the long tailhousing it looks pretty ok but with the short it's definitely not go.

With a difference of 3" in length I decided to see what I could do to make it work. This is where I'm at so far. I flipped the lever on the trans so it pointed up. I then built a bracket to hold the cable, this bracket was just a quick mock up to see if the idea would even work. It needs to be braced from another location as well.
With the lever flipped the shifters action is reversed so I took it apart and flipped the bottom piece towards the front, this fixes the action but I still have to work out the park safety switch.
364a20419bb8c469cac282b80732d6aa.jpg
57f61f90499b0981f683a9a4d7c704d7.jpg
cf36b643fb9608a265fa035a5ba1ca63.jpg
938d88efaff9ec5f8ffb9b45ffacb02e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk