• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CAGE Offroad distributorship

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Well I made my first purchase from CAGE sense they went to selling only through distributors and I can't say that I am very impressed. A while back I ordered 4 14 inch travel shocks directly from CAGE (before the distributor thing) and I paid somewhere around $120 for all 4. I just ordered 2 12 inch travel shocks through a local distributor and by the time that I paid tax and shipping they cost me $112. :(

It's going to be very hard to justify ordering anything else from them in the future. Has anyone else ordered from them lately?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I ordered my long arms, front mounts, rear mounts and shocks before they went to the current system...and got a good deal. My plan was to 'soften the blow to my bank account, by buying the springs a little later to make sure what direction I was going (3.5 vs 5.5)...well, I tried to go back through the cage and then through a local guy, who was trying to do me right...but the price of the parts alone had still increased, plus shipping, plus tax....it was ridiculous. It would have cost me, if I remember correctly ~$725 for 5.5 front coils and rear leaves with all the shipping and taxes. I saved alot of $$ by deciding to go ahead and pick up my springs--and alot of other stuff--from JBG...the Deaver springs were under or right at $500...that extra $200 sure goes a looong way toward new other parts.

The local guy said that just because they are a "dealer", that they dont get free-shipping, so technically its a special order, so its the buyer's responsibility to pay shipping. Sucks. I realize that they were getting alot of business, but thats a good thing and what happens when you generate a top-notch product, but at some point you also price yourself out of what the market is willing to pay. I will say that all of the components I received from them are excellent quality. I would have liked to have run their springs...however, I am sure that the Deavers will be excellent.

John

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I just ordered my cage susp from J and M in WA and they had great prices even let me pick it up straight from CAGE to save on shipping. Anyone looking for Cage stuff call Mike at 866-602-5977 he will take care of you on your next order with a decent deal. I paid 750 for my 3.5 kit which included coils, leafs, Bushing set and extended new front shock towers. I subbed the new hoop double shock mount for the replacement towers, only cost me 115 more. If people are interested I can talk to Mike and try to get a mass buy together for either kit, etc. I don't know how much lower the price would be since this is already a very very competitive price compared with the other suspensions out there.

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
I am going to be in Oregon this summer at the end of June. I may have to try and find a shop in Oregon to buy a new Cage suspension from. Got to love no sales tax in good ol' Oregon.

matt

House

Minutia Militia
I just got a quote on a set of arms from an Oregon dealer...
750 plus another 50 for freight. YIKES!
What happened to 625???

vertex

Loc.
Oregon City
That would be cool to get a group buy on the 3.5" suspension kit. I have been looking at their 3.5" kit with the dual front shock mounts and extended radius arms.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
matt69 said:
If it is a local distributor why did you pay shipping on the shocks?

matt

The local dealer said that CAGE charged them shipping so they had to charge it to me. The prices on parts have gone way up and now because I ordered it locally, I get to pay tax on it too. This new system sucks. :-[

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
The problem seems to be that none of the distributors are keeping any stock on hand, I know the set I ordered from J and M was going to get shipped direct from Cage if I wasnt picking it up. This is where the shipping comes in but there should only be 1 ship charge. Local dealers couldn't give the shipping excuse for costs if they didn't order on demand and kept at least a small stock (reduced shipping costs per on larger order) but I don't think they sell a lot of EB kits since most buy direct from WH, Tom's, JD, etc. I will see what I can do on a mass buy with options...it will have shipping charges as well...around $100...you Canada folk most likely more. Give me a couple days, I am headed up there this week.

ncsubronc

i could get the 5.5" kit on ebay from J & M cheaper than what i got quoted for a 3.5" by the closest dealer to me. all i want is 3.5" though...mass buy sounds pretty sweet!

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I luckily got my cage arms from a member here that was selling them new un used cause he needed the cash. I got them for $625 to my door, but I called all the local distibutors in Ca. before I purchased them from him to see if it was cheaper to get them locally. They all wanted $800-899 for the arms plus $75-125 for shipping. Thats just crazy. I see alot more people buying the arms from Duffs here in the future if they don't do something about the pricing. Their reasons for there prices were that they special ordered them as well so they don't get a break on shipping as they would if they ordered a bunch of them at one time vs. one set. The shop in Rocklin CA was where I figured I could at least get a deal since my buddy is very good friends with the owner but even with my buddy talking to him there was no deal. :mad:
I think that if I hadn't come across the deal i did I would definately be talking to DUFFS

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Well, everyone that has seen me post here knows that I really like the Cage products. I do however think it was a mistake to stop selling directly. Doing so has caused a great deal of confusion for everyone and the prices now have so much variance between dealers that I think in the long run it will cost them business. I guess only time will tell though.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
SaddleUp said:
Well, everyone that has seen me post here knows that I really like the Cage products. I do however think it was a mistake to stop selling directly. Doing so has caused a great deal of confusion for everyone and the prices now have so much variance between dealers that I think in the long run it will cost them business. I guess only time will tell though.

I agree. I love his parts, but I think he made a bad business decision to go to this type of distribution. I think that it is costing him business allready and will probably in the long run continue in a downward spiral unless he does thing about it.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like Cage products, but I hate the process of getting them. I just want to get my radius arms that have been back ordered for 10 weeks and be done with them. I saw Cages F350 go by the other day with it's arms and it was like rubbing salt in a wound.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I just wanted to see how much a set of front coil spring spacers cost fo rmy dodge.
No dist. had a price on their website, I just ordered one from another vendor.
I did not want to have to call any one for a simple bolt on part.
I would of liked to support cage, but did not want to go out of my way to do so.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I was also thinking of buying cage springs for the 66. After the dealer change I went with BC. I see it as 1 less middleman if there's a problem with a part.

Louie

Bronco Guru
I bet all the old vendors are breathing a big sigh of relief now :D

Not to highjack, but are the Cage shocks worth it now?

7d1

Loc.
Fairfield,Ca
I wanted Cage arms,They priced themselves out of my buget. Now I have to choose between BC or...I gotta go with chuck,can't beat the service. $800-$900 from $625 is just not wright.