• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

can i clear 38 inch tires

73bluemachine

Loc.
tampa
i not sure how much lift is on the truck i bought it lifted this way but i have alot of clearance for the 35 i have i was thinking of going to 38-37 inch tires?

73bronco

I run a VERY flexy 5.5" all suspension lift W/ no body lift. I run 36" IROK's that are more of a 37". I only rub on the rear inner fenders at full tuck. 38's would rub for sure. I have cut the front and rear but not even to the body line. I also have some custom radius arms that allow for full turn with VERY minor rubbing on them.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I run 36" IROK's that are more of a 37". I only rub on the rear inner fenders at full tuck. 38's would rub for sure.

Yep, my 36" TSLs would rub both the front and back of the tubs when flexing. Any larger and if you can stuff a tire up it's gonna rub bad inside the tubs.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Good to know - going full width on 37" Boggers with a 5.5" lift and Cage arms. Should all fit without too much cutting :D

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Can I clear XX" tires is kind of a loaded question....

I cleared 38's on mine, with nothing more than a 2" body lift. Other folks will tell you that you need that plus 6" of suspension.

How tall do you want to go?

Keeping it low, will keep it more stable, safer on the trails and the streets. It requires a big commitment on your part, however, to do some creative sheet metal trimming. At full stuff, the lugs will catch the leading edges of your wheelwells (inner fenders), and shred the tires. You can add taller bumpstops to keep this from happening, but now you've whacked a lot of suspension travel

It's all a series of compromises to achieve your goal.

I prefer to keep everything low, and trim the sheet metal.

The next question is whether your axles can tolerate the 38's?

OP
OP
73bluemachine

73bluemachine

Loc.
tampa
just like to fill up wheel wells alittle still have enough clearance for woods tho
it doesnt make it to the mall much....old lady not to much of fan of no doors and roof

OP
OP
73bluemachine

73bluemachine

Loc.
tampa
i took the 35 boggers off the truck to much vibration for the fiberglass it looked bad ass on the truck,they were a lot wider than the thornbirds..i put those on temporary till i find a different tire,but now a days everyone runs 18-20 inch wheels on there mud tires and think it doesnt look right on the older bronco'strying to find a decent set off used rims and tires but 15-16 inch rims are hard to find no a days

73bronco

i cant tell how much lift is on my truck any one guess by pics in the gallery

Looks to me to be AT LEAST a 6" lift. And judging by the looks of the arch on the rear springs and the diameter of the front coils your truck will clear 38's in the woods as the flex is not going to be enough to really tuck the tires in there!

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Measure from the top of the axle tube, to the bottom of the frame, both front and rear.

ALSO - measure from the body mount, to the bottom of the tub (if you see a puck in there, that's your body lift, measure it)

Get these, and post up.

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
I just ordered 4.5 wh springs, etc, and I am going to run 37" boggers as well... Currently have 35's with 2.5" lift. Low, and wide is what I am striving for. I will probably will have to cut a little more, but its better than tipping, or rubbing. I am hoping with the F/R bumpers and a cage, will lower it to more like a 4" lift. Also, just added the stone crusher extensions on my radius arms and boxed them in...

OP
OP
73bluemachine

73bluemachine

Loc.
tampa
whats weird is there is pucks in the fr none in the rear like the its only for the fiberglass tub but the pucks in the fr are like 3inch pucks like a bodylift on my old trucks...the rear is on the frame no pucks????

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Yes you can!

Buy tire tires, see where / if they hit, and trim it 'till it fits.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I have a 5.5 lift with 37 inch Boggers. They rub in the front some but nothing a little work with a sawzall won't fix. I also plan to add a 2 inch body lift.