• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can i fit 38's

76eb

Loc.
Mt. Carmel, PA
can i fit 38's with a 3-1/2 suspension and a 2 inch body. i was also thinking of going with gorilla wareflares for added clearence and can i see some pics of this setup. thanks

Dan76

You would need alot of fender modifications to clear them when flexing. Im sure it would clear on the street but any kind of articulation and you would be rubbing ALOT! Im going to run 35s with 3.5"+2" and I plan on alot of inner fender mod.

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
I had 38s under my 69 back years ago and didn't have any rubbing, but I didn't do any rock crawling or anything that tweeked my rig too much. I had added a few leafs in the back and the coil springs from an Olds that had a 455. Hey, it was highschool and my Dad owns a machine/welding/fabrication shop. Sure miss that shop when I working on my Bronco in my Carport. My Dad ran 40s for a while on his '67, but that was a little too much.

IronBenderII

I ran 38" SX's with that combo and a wristed arm several years ago. Worked great...

Jack

broncodude_73

i ran some with 2.5'' suspension and 2'' body lift and gorilla war flares with no problems

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Just cut to the shape of the inner wheel well bash back the inner lip so it doesn't cut the tires. They fit perfectly with that set up.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
yup, sure can

They'll drag the lugs on the leading and trailing edges of the inner fenders. Be prepared for that. Figure on relieving the fender openings, and you'll have to trim the body as well. A popular thing to do is to tube the front end, ditch the front clip, in the back, you can graft 2 sets of wheel wells together, or have one bent up at a sheet metal shop (Dusty provided that idea)

I ran them for all of the last 2 seasons, and loved it. I'll be making similar adjustments to my wife's rig to run the 36x13.5x16 Irok bias ply's that are the same height as my TSL's were.

You'll need to work up some good bump stops as well, that design's up to you. I'm going to use Jeep bumpstops in the front (inside the coil) and some Timbren rubber springs in the back on top of the spring mounting plate