• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can I fit a frame in the bed of my F350?

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
I am probably going to be driving to Tacoma tomorrow to pick up a frame, I don't have a trailer readily available, so Can I just put it in the bed and tie it down - It's a long bed truck...????

P

plemmons

I drove my frame about 250 miles that way with no problems at all. I just used wrachet straps and a red flag.

basher13

Loc.
East of Renton
Wyle, did you happen to check the frames out at Olympic? I know they brought in 4-5 broncos awhile ago and had heard they were pretty rough, just wondering about the condition of them...
Thanks

old bronco

I hauled one from Denver to 70 miles south of Omaha in my pickup. Little rough on the paint, but it worked.

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Basher, I looked at all the EB's at Olympic, they have 7 or 8 there, all the frames were pretty rough looking, but it's hard to say for sure because they hadn't removed them from the tubs yet. They all had big chunks of Scaly rust though. For the money, I'm betting on the ones in Tacoma, guy tells me that they are straight, V8, and "surface rust" only. I'll let you know more when I get back today! Oh, and if the rest of the bronco condition means anything about the frame, the Olympic EB's are in really bad shape.

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
The Frame is in great condition; it has already been mostly cleaned up, and is virtually rust free! There is one more available from the same place, it is also in great condition, but hasn't been cleaned up yet. If anyone is interested, l can get you contact info!

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I am going to beat a dead horse to death and say yes it fit in my F250 no problem

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
It does not really fit in a 4x6 U-haul trailer ;D ;D ;D

Haha, I went to pick up a frame last year and it wasnt going to fit in my Yukon...well it would but that would get me in trouble :-X
Showed up, we put it in and it just teetered out. Had to jimmy it in at an angle and strap that sucker down!!! hahahaha

Anyways, glad you found a frame you can use.
Whats up with the Broncos in Olympic, they just rotting where they sit?

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
The frame fit with room to spare, didn't even need to flag it, only stuck out about 2 feet past the tailgate. I flagged it anyhow just because.

Tito, the Bronco's at Olympic have some parts removed, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of value to them anymore, sadly. You could probably get one and rehab it, but it would be a really big project. The mechanic in the yard told me that they got them all from a single person, had them sitting in a field or something like that. Really sad, if they could have been found 10 years ago, they would have worth something.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
The frame fit with room to spare, didn't even need to flag it, only stuck out about 2 feet past the tailgate. I flagged it anyhow just because.

Tito, the Bronco's at Olympic have some parts removed, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of value to them anymore, sadly. You could probably get one and rehab it, but it would be a really big project. The mechanic in the yard told me that they got them all from a single person, had them sitting in a field or something like that. Really sad, if they could have been found 10 years ago, they would have worth something.

Thats what I was wondering, it is sad to see. I know of 2 fields where there is over 30 just sitting rotting in each, one of them even has a couple stroppe's and roadsters :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am good on projects, I have 2 tubs and frames that are in line for eventual projects, they are leftovers from other people parting them out. Looking forward to start rebirthing these things when I get a shop. Kinda hoping to make it a biz but I gotta get the room.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I know of 2 fields where there is over 30 just sitting rotting in each, one of them even has a couple stroppe's and roadsters :cry: :cry: :cry:

It is sad when the people who have those never want to part with them, for whatever reason. To bad it's not close to me as I would have 2 options,
1) Call the county about an illegal junk yard, who would give them 30 days to clean it up or the county would hire a contractor to do it, I would run to get my contractors license and bid it as free, I would be guaranteed the contract.

option 2
You would be amazed at what a crack head will do for $20 bucks, %)

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Ok, frame is out of the truck and into the shop, I put some pictures in my gallery for anyone interested in hauling a frame. I also put some pictures in there of the way things are right now, I'm signing up to be a contributor so when I start the build thread I can post pictures in there!