• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can i Purchase Ball Joint Spanner Socket Locally??

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
hey guys, i'm getting ready to install my new ball joints on my 77 F150 knuckles.. can i purchase the ball joint spanner socket locally? Where at and how much?? Also, i know i can make a spindle socket w/ a cheap socket and an angle grinder... what size socket do i need to make this?? Thanks

Luke

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Napa may have them in stock. I bought mine there. It may have to be ordered.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
hey guys, i'm getting ready to install my new ball joints on my 77 F150 knuckles.. can i purchase the ball joint spanner socket locally? Where at and how much?? Also, i know i can make a spindle socket w/ a cheap socket and an angle grinder... what size socket do i need to make this?? Thanks

Luke

It's cheaper to buy them than make them.

The spindle socket is pretty darn big, and even cheap ones are expensive.

NAPA near here will order in tools like that, and can have them in 24-48 hours.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
My local napa has a bunch of idiots working there. They didn't have it, couldn't find it in a catalog to order, and didn't know what the hell I was talking about!:mad:

I made one from a 1/2" drive deep set 3/4" socket which I picked up for about $4 (NOT from napa!). Used a 3" cut-off tool to make the prongs. Worked great.

OP
OP
z70what

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
well, i ordered the ball joint spanner socket from napa this morning.. it was 24 bucks and will be here tomorrow morning at 8 am... I looked at the spindle nut socket.. they had three of them, does anyone have a napa part # for the spindle nut socket for our broncos?? They had three, one was 24 dollars, one was 43 and the other was like 55, pretty sure it was the 24 dollar one, just need a part # to be sure.. thanks

Luke

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
My local napa has a bunch of idiots working there. They didn't have it, couldn't find it in a catalog to order, and didn't know what the hell I was talking about!:mad:

I made one from a 1/2" drive deep set 3/4" socket which I picked up for about $4 (NOT from napa!). Used a 3" cut-off tool to make the prongs. Worked great.

That's when you walk behind the counter and get the catalog yourself.

I do it whenever I'm faced with an inept counter guy, I ask him to show me where the catalogs are, and pick up a pad, pen and cup of coffee and start writing down stuff for him to look up. ;D

If it's not for a Honda or a late model Chevy, they have no forkin idea what you're talking about.%)

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
I bought one from the Mac tool truck. $17.27 ( p/n sc103 ) out the door.

Napa can also get the OTC version overnight (p/n napa 278-2030). http://otctools.com/products/detail.php?id=2295

https://www.mactools.com/portal/sit...toid=adf64f99a75dc010VgnVCM100000104d840aRCRD

SC103_Large_1.jpg