• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Credit Card Purchase At Super Cell At North East Classic Ford Parts? We Need Your Help.

delconick

Credit Card Purchase At Super Cell At North East Classic Ford Parts? We Need Your Help.

Hi All!

We had a customer make a credit card purchase this year at the Bronco Super Celebration In Tennessee for the amount of $2,178.54. The card company apparently declined the charge under "Suspected Fraud". Sadly, Keri our counter person for the show was very busy and did not get a contact name or phone number for the person making this transaction leaving us with no way of knowing who the person is. Honestly she is sick to her stomach over the size of the charge and that she did forget to get contact info for the person making this particular transaction. She was hopefull that we would recieve a phone call when the person that made this purchase would see the unsuccessful charge on thier credit card statement or realize thier card bill was 2k shy of what they figured it would be. But.... that has not happened to this point. (I make many large purchases on my cards so I could see myself not noticing the charge not being there if it was me)

So...... I figured I would put a post on here as I know many of you were in addendance to at least try to get this off her mind. (She mentions this often as its bothering her). I know this is a long shot, and would take a very honest person, but if you could do us a favor and check your credit card statement if you personally placed a credit card order of that size at the show. Or, If you did not, do us a favor and ask some people you may know that were in attendance but would not be on this forum to read this post.

If your wondering, No, I did not take money out of her pay because of this or take any other disiplanary action against her! Shit happens I get it! No worries on my end. I am just doing this because she is honestly beating herself up over this and I feel bad.

Thank you for reading and your help.
Nick.
North East Classic Ford Parts.

f2502011

I wasn't at the show, but what items were purchased in this transaction? Maybe details like that would help jog someone's memory. Was there not a receipt invoice or write up for this sale? Was the transaction declined right away or later? Did you reach out to the credit card company that declined the transaction to have them reach out directly to the cardholder or provide more information?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
If I used my card for an unusually large transaction which triggered a “suspected fraud” denial, I would be immediately contacted by my credit card company, particularly if it was out of state.
In this case, it would seem that you could claim fraud yourself, and request the cardholders info from the card provider. After all, it was them who denied the payment.
I’m not saying it was intentional, but that might be your solution. Good luck….

Contributor
Hate to say it, but some people will pay for an item and then later flag it as fraud after they have received the product already to get out of paying. Hope this is not the case.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
My CC company and the bank are very much like slow leaks, it is within minutes, sometime seconds, of a transaction when I get that call. I hope it works out for y'all and I would certainly contact the CC company to see if something can get figured out through them.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Nick I hope the person comes forward and you can get this resolved. You are a stand up guy and your attitude concerning this just goes to show how true your colors are. You’ve always treated me fair with anything we have transacted on and I appreciate it. Again I hope the party concerned sees or hears of this and sorts this out.

OP
OP
delconick

delconick

The transaction went thrugh on our handheld but then we recieved an alert 2 minutes later that it was declined. Odd because its normally instant but in this case it was not. Possibly the connection down there? We are not sure.

I have had this happen to me and my phone will recieve a text stating "did you make this purchase". I have never selected "no" so I am not sure what happenes if you do? Maybe the card company then declines the purchase?

We contacted our card acceptance company and all they can release is the card number and experation date. We tried running it again but, it was again declined. They will not release anyones personal information.

Again, Not the end of the world but just figured I would try something to set her mind at ease.

Thanks again for your help guys and gals!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Dang, I guess it’s possible that they have done business with you before. Maybe there is a way to search your records for that card number? Or you could just have a beer and move on…

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Sorry to hear this happened to you Nick. I hope it gets resolved for you. Like mentioned before. I would post the item purchased. That may remind someone who may have been in line and may know the person.
The person may not be on this site. I bet someone who knows him or at the register is on this site

Last edited:

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
We tried running it again but, it was again declined. They will not release anyones personal information.
There is no way that the purchaser was not notified that the sale was declined. Twice! This is not a simple misunderstanding. As mentioned above I would start working with the fraud division of your credit card company.

sk1nw4lk3r

Hate to say it, but some people will pay for an item and then later flag it as fraud after they have received the product already to get out of paying. Hope this is not the case.
Went through exactly this with a woman that ran a credit card with my company for $2800. We disputed it, but the CC companies will ALWAYS side with their user- so after all litigation, we still didn't get our money back and were out the legal costs. What a nightmare

Good luck, Nick! I hope you'e able to get your money squared away