• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can you clock a 3G alternator?

PDQ

Contributor
I got a reman alternator that has the rear of the case off set from the original alternators positioning with the charge stud and electrical plug. I can make it work, but to get it like I had it, can you simply pull the three bolts holding the case together and clock it to where you want it and tighten back up? I believe you could do this with older Chevy alternators but want to check before some brushes or small unfindable parts come flying at me if I open it up.

Thanks

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I think it is the other way around. All the windings stay fixed with the rear cover. You clock the front cover to put the ears where you want them.

OP
OP
P

PDQ

Contributor
Boom. Thank you Rusty. I tried the google first, but couldn't find anything definitive.
Once again this site beats the Google.

Thank you