• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

can't find "best repair manual" thread

ruivo

Loc.
Bountiful, UT
I was on here about a week ago and read a thread about the best repair manual. Most guys were split between the Chilton and the Haynes. Ive tried to find either for my '66 but am hitting a wall. Can anyone help? and also can you direct me to the thread I mentioned before? Thanks for all the help

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I found several Chilton's at a local used book store. This has been discussed quite a bit since I've been around. The Ford Shop manual set seems to be one of the more popular ones. I tend to collect different manuals because some will offer information that others don't... even the two Chilton's that I have are different but they all generally have the same generic information.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Ford shop manuals are great. I wish I had a Bronco-specific one, but these help me out some times.

ShopManual73Ford.jpg

ShopManual58Ford.jpg

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Mark,Man if that '58 could talk don't you know it could tell you some jive!:cool:
I got a '48 cheby truck shop manual here some where also an Org. Honda 1973 XR75 shop manual.Got a bunch of old farm tractor manuals too.Can't find them though..Wife hids that stuff you know.:(

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got an actual Ford shop manual for a '67 Bronco and the supplement for the '66.

THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE, but if you have specific questions, fire me a note and I'll see if I can answer or scan and email you some info out of the book.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
While I also like the ford manuals as they have the most info they are hard to find and usually cost a lot. I also own chiltons and haynes manuals each one has good info in them. Although sometimes none of the manual have the exact answer I want. The hayes and chiltons tend to be quicker to use and easier to haul around than the 5 volume ford manual.
I would suggest getting at least the chilton and haynes manuals they are both decent.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
BC,Don' ya wish you had that '59 now:cool: Looks like a Javlin across the street there?:)

'59 wow that's my year;)

OP
OP
ruivo

ruivo

Loc.
Bountiful, UT
cool, I found a great deal on the 1966 bronco shop manual with the econoline manual to complete the set. I have basically all aftermarket stuff. These will still be useful yes?

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think that is the one that I have. It isn't very thick and has very little information in it. The actual 1967 manual is about 3/4" thick and has B&W photos and Ford tool numbers to use, specs, and wiring diagrams, etc.