• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Capping off heater lines???

ja.stoner63

Loc.
Chandler, Arizona
I did a search but not luck.

Has anyone capped off the water pump & intake for the heater?

Any suggestions with a picture would be great .

Thanks for all the help.

JA

mattt

Bronco Guru
When I had no heater in the truck, I didn't cap them, I ran a hose from one to the other to keep the circulation going.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have seen push on caps for the waterpump nipple. The last waterpump I had had a threaded nipple so just take the nipple out and put a plug in, but that isn't how they normally are.

The intake I would strongly recomend removing the nipple and putting a pipe plug in. There can be some rather high water pressures in the intake that can blow out the simple rubber cap. Waterpump isn't the same issue as that is a suction port.

Then there is the old simple waterpump bypass of just looping the hose from the intake to the waterpump. That has been done so may times I don't even really notice anymore. Generally a quick fix for a blown heater core that is ignored until it gets cold out. The plugs are a cleaner perminate fix then the quicky looped hose.

OP
OP
ja.stoner63

ja.stoner63

Loc.
Chandler, Arizona
That is all very helpful thanks.

I'm in Az so the heat is not so needed. I'll install a Vintage system down the road more for the A/C...;D