• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Car trailer, to put your EB on

incogneato

Loc.
South Bay
Nothing wrong with a 16' if it's going to be an occasional tow, and don't want to haul anything else. This is a 16', getting replaced with an 18' because of a heavier tractor that's going to get hauled on it, needed heavier axles.
photobucket-32244-1379877625781_zps41883246.jpg

Dang, sweet setup man!

crankman

Here my 20ft hauler were loaded for work day at deer camp. I always need more room so if you can pull it get the biggest trailer you can. ;D

Attachments

• Car hauler 20ft.jpg
    Car hauler 20ft.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 121

OldBarnBronco

I've got an 18' dovetail that has come in so handy. The others are right on, once you have one you'll find other uses for it other than hauling the Bronco or even other vehicles.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
18' or 20'

Once you have a trailer you will use it to haul all kinds of things and different vehicles. Don't make the trailer such a unitasker by only getting 16'

A little length helps loading as you have room to adjust the load to get proper weight distribution. Give a little extra room to put a cooler or a friends motorcycle who want to come with you. Longer trailers also to better in general.

Agree with this one... minimum 18', my opinion..

Letsgocrawling

Loc.
Tucson Az.
Depends on your total use for it, 16' works fine if it's just for the eb---I did put a larger tire on it for the load rating. with the stock tires the numbers were equal or a little less than the actual weight of the trailer and rig---not good. I also added brakes to both axles for added secuity.

Well holy ball sacks, I'll just have to go borrow works 100' steel deck double throwdown hauler when I want to take everything.;D

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
I have used one from U-Haul a few times and they are great. Some of the U-hauls even sell them from time to time.

76 One ton

Loc.
Shawnee, Ok
Personally I would go with a 20' steel or aluminum deck. 18' would be the absolute minimum. I use my trailer all the time and sometimes I wish it was longer than 20' Ideally I would like to have a 36' for hauling 2 broncos!

Laker

I am having the same dilemma here too. To get an 18' bumper pull, or one long enough to haul my bronco and 13' camper trailer(would need a 26' minimum there). Or get a 30'+ gooseneck and rig it up to hold a camper with deck space left for the Bronco. Decisions, decisions!

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I have used one from U-Haul a few times and they are great. Some of the U-hauls even sell them from time to time.

x2...but if you ever rent one don't ever tell UHaul that you're hauling an EB with oversized tires. They won't rent one if you have tires bigger than about 29 or 30s. Tell them you hauling a Prius or something small.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
x2...but if you ever rent one don't ever tell UHaul that you're hauling an EB with oversized tires. They won't rent one if you have tires bigger than about 29 or 30s. Tell them you hauling a Prius or something small.

Yeppers, I'd do that same thing as well

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
X-3 on the U-haul, I wanted to rent one last year and made the mistake of telling them my tires were over size. But did not make that mistake this year!!!!The one I rented was pretty nice and if one came up I buy it.I know its only good for hauling the Bronco and nothing else.I agree that 18ft or 20ft is a good size to get. My friend has a 20ft that when he's not hauling his bronco, he has made 3ft sides to haul all types of stuff.

Attachments

• pipes 012.jpg
    pipes 012.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Bronco getting pipes.jpg
    Bronco getting pipes.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

gnpenning

Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
As stated longer is more useful. Don't make the mistake of getting one that is only 6' wide. It will haul the bronco (unless you have full width), but if you want to haul a car or full size it is to narrow or you can't open the doors over the wheel well. Make sure you get 7' wide and pay attention to axle weight. If you have a low car you will be hauling as well a beaver tail makes loading easier. I like to have brakes on both axles. easier to find load range D or E tires in 16" tires.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I have a dedicated purpose built single axle hauler for just hauling he Broncno or buggy on that was build from spare parts that is awesome, low and light. But I'm trailer poor.... have a 20' goose and a 35' goose both lowboys with dove tail. On the 35' I put the Bronco, Buggy and the wife's 12' travel trailer, its a full trailer but it works, it also hauls 2 bronco's and 2 quads nice too.

schneire

Loc.
Lindenhurst
Clarifcation

I am looking to buy a trailer and this thread is very useful. However I am trying to decide if the 18 ft trailers referred to here are 18 ft flat decks. The dealer I am looking at has 16'+2' dovetail. Is this just 16 useable? How well do these work.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Bronco looks pretty small on my 18' for some reason. It's a California style (open center) hauler and I could easily fit the Bronco and a quad sitting on all 4's on there. 2 standing up on their back wheels. 16' minimum seems a good number though, that way you can move the Bronco a bit for weight distribution. Once you add a cargo box on the front or spare tires it will change the ride a bit.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
18ft is great because you can move the rig forward/back depending on where you want your tongue weight. Also extra room to add a tongue or truck tool box to the front. Honestly I don't know why you wouldn't go with an 18ft (or bigger) unless you have tow-vehicle concerns.

39E7F952-9828-4EA4-993E-D8CBAD778733_zpsxiyir8ie.jpg

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking at the picture above, another thing to consider is where the axles are located on the trailer. I can for sure the axles in the above picture are further forward leaving less usable space up front. Check different manufacturers for sure when you go to pick one up.