• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carb ?

G

I have a 70 Bronco with a straight 6, and it has the origional 1 barrell carb. I don't want to sink the thousands it would cost for a V8 conversion right now. So, what 2 barrell carb would every one suggest to go on the straight 6.<br> Also, how can I tell if I have a J or T shifter on my transfer case. Thanks in advance.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Clean the carb you got and it will rip like a rocket.<br><br>On the J-Shifter<br><br>4L<br>N 2H<br>4H---l<br><br>anything else is a T<br>

OP
OP
G

Bear with me on this, because I've never seen how it's supposed to be. There is a shift indicator in my cab that has all the gears in a row from top to bottom. Is this some aftermarket thing? Don't know anything about it but dosen't look like a J or T shift pattern to me. Or, is this how it's supposed to be. And,,,Oh crap I busted another blood vessel in my head.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
8) 8) 8) If you have the shift in a line you have a T shifter . as for the carb. how much gas do you want to use we ran a 2300 pinto with a 500 holly and a cam with lumps you cant beleve would just fry the tires all 4 gears but got about 3 or 4 MPG so if you dont have a big cam stay stock will work the best good luck. ;D ;D ;D Bill 8) ::) :p

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
Most likely you have a T-shift in your 70'<br><br>It shifts in a straight line<br><br>4lo<br>N<br>2Hi<br>4Hi<br><br>J-shifts are a backward J pattern but wasn't an option in 70'<br><br>4lo<br>N 4Hi<br>2Hi __|<br><br>