• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carpet Install Tips on a 77 Ranger with a full cage

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
My 77 is a Ranger edition and I have always wanted to add carpet back in. I left some of the trim holes in the floor during the restoration to provide a guide but what tips can you guys give me.
I am dreading removing the seats, toolbox, center console, interior panels and dealing with some of the wiring. I am going to try and stuff it in without removing my 6 point family cage.

What underlayment should I go with? I am worried about some of the tar mat products leaving a permanent mess on the painted floor.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
I used a combo of Siless/kilmat with a layer of Noico red on top. I peeled the kilmat up in a few spots a couple weeks after install to reposition for carpeting and was surprised there was no residue left on the paint. I wouldn’t recommend the Noico on the corrugated part of the bed. It didn’t stick well to the ribs. It’s great on the flat sections though.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did dyna Mat and the carpet felt works good for heat.
You know you have to unbolt everything to get it right haaa PITA but it will look a lot better.