• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Casual Trail for a Stock Bronco near San Francisco?

runguyrun

I grew up in farm country and I used to take my Dad's Bronco down the dirt farm roads between the corn fields. This was especially fun after a good rain. One time I had it buried up to the frame in mud, going down deep tractor ruts and just kept the wheels spinning and inched along until it pulled out of it. Meanwhile my friend was in the back bouncing on a milk crate because I didn't have the back seat in.

Now I live in the city and my Bronco feels out of place stuck in heavy traffic. I want to take him for a nice drive in the country. Does anyone know a place near San Francisco to have some fun? I don't want to go muddin' or rock crawling. Just a casual dirt road or a place to do some off road exploring. It seems like the recreation areas are mostly geared towards ATVs.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
There are some on the coast but they are a pretty good drive either north or south on 1. Hollister Hills SVRA has lots of easy trails but that's about 2hrs south of you.

mfrank

Loc.
san carlos
There are several places you can hit some trail near the city. The santa Cruz mountains are filled with dirt roads. Summit Road has a few dirt 20+ mile roads. Where are you in the City. I have seen two that normally park in Russian Hill.