• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CB Remote Speaker for Stock Grill Location?

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just ordered the Cobra 75 WXST and while it has the speaker in the handset I thought adding a remote speaker would be even better.

I want to install it in the stock location in the grill where it can be hidden and well heard.

What speaker have you used that are CB compatible?

Looking for something I can pick up at Radio Shack etc.

Thanks,

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I'm going a slightly different direction.

I am going to mount a remote speaker in the center of the main hoop of my roll bar so myself and the passenger can easily hear it without having to turn the stereo down.

I have an aftermarket speaker built for this purpose. Brand is something like CB Buddy ?

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I picked up a cheap CB remote speaker from Radio Shack, bent up some thin metal and made a bracket that would use the stock speaker screws to mount it behind the dash. I also took some screen material I had left over from a screen door/window project and glued it diagonally to some masonite to help hide the CB speaker behind the stock dash speaker holes. Its hard to explain but I just cut a big hold out of a 4"x4" peice of masonite.
I worked out great and just looks like the stock speaker behind the dash.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
You cant see how I made the mount or the screen but here is a pic of the dash when I was done.

Attachments

• dash speaker.jpg
    dash speaker.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You cant see how I made the mount or the screen but here is a pic of the dash when I was done.

Thats exactly what I'm looking to do. Looks great.

Do you know the model number of the speaker you used?

Thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I always used the stock speakers too. Only issue is that now with another few decades of age on them, not all of them are still in the best of shape.
But if it is, use it.

Paul

OP
OP
Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I posted this a looooooong time ago and still haven't installed a speaker but now I see WH sells a replacement. Will order before Bronco Daze for sure.