• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech hot in run/start

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
Anybody know which engine bay wire is hot in run and start in the Centech Bronco harness? Would the coil wire be the obvious answer?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, but if you can avoid tapping into that circuit, that would be more desirable.
There are a couple of Green wires over by the passenger firewall grommet that are hot in both positions too I think.
It's the ignition switch that performs that duty usually, so pretty sure the Green wire (used for stock voltage regulators) is another option for you.
If the other AUX Green wire is tested, you might find it hot in both positions too.

Worth a shot anyway.

Paul

OP
OP
Dbarnes72

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
Thanks. I'm looking power the coil for a GM HEI set up (not the module in distributor style). I emailed Centech but haven't heard back on their recommendation yet.

Stingray240cs

Loc.
Corinth, Texas
I don't have the Centech, but I use the Coil wire on my EZ Wiring harness for my GM HEI setup. I'm pretty sure that you need to bypass the original ceramic resistor because the HEI module wants full voltage. Good luck!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, what Stingray said. Since you're using the wire for the ignition, then the ignition wire would be perfect. I was just concerned that you might be powering something else along with your existing ignition on the same wire.

As said, no resistor needed, in case you put yours in there.

Paul