• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech or American Auto Wire Harness

tripleJs15

Does anyone have feedback on either of these replacement wiring harness ?

Would like to hear from folks who have used each or even both.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have done both...

4 Centech and 3 AAW in two Broncos, another in a 66 Chevelle. Both are loosely based on GM wire colors and connectors. AAW needs GM specific wire crimpers, as does the Centech for GM weather pack connectors. Crimpers are available aftermarket...

Centech is close to stock with more fuses, circuits separated better. Comes pre-finished, mostly ready to be installed. Flexibility for additional items is limited without adding another fuse panel.

AAW, unfinished. Need to wrap/split loom to finish. Additional circuits available for Fuel pump, power windows and locks, CB etc. Has flexibility... More work to install.

I have used both in fuel injected rigs, It depends what you are doing with your Rig and your comfort with doing electrical... Good luck deciding.

OP
OP
T

tripleJs15

I have done both...

4 Centech and 3 AAW in two Broncos, another in a 66 Chevelle. Both are loosely based on GM wire colors and connectors. AAW needs GM specific wire crimpers, as does the Centech for GM weather pack connectors. Crimpers are available aftermarket...

Centech is close to stock with more fuses, circuits separated better. Comes pre-finished, mostly ready to be installed. Flexibility for additional items is limited without adding another fuse panel.

AAW, unfinished. Need to wrap/split loom to finish. Additional circuits available for Fuel pump, power windows and locks, CB etc. Has flexibility... More work to install.

I have used both in fuel injected rigs, It depends what you are doing with your Rig and your comfort with doing electrical... Good luck deciding.

Thanks - this is helpful - as far as my build goes we are doing a Coyote and 6R80. I’m not sure if that changes your input in anyway.

omureebe

No issues with my Centech. When I compared some circuits like wiper switch, I didn’t see a difference between AAW and Centech. I don’t use all the capabilities and run FiTech efi, 5 channel amp, etc.

OP
OP
T

tripleJs15

No issues with my Centech. When I compared some circuits like wiper switch, I didn’t see a difference between AAW and Centech. I don’t use all the capabilities and run FiTech efi, 5 channel amp, etc.

That’s great feedback - Centech seems to be the cheapest of the 3 - if there are no issues running it I’ll use that.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Centech is perfectly fine. I’ve done two of them and one complete custom wire harness from scratch. Talk about a lot of work. Never again. You will be happy with the Centech.

OP
OP
T

tripleJs15

Centech is perfectly fine. I’ve done two of them and one complete custom wire harness from scratch. Talk about a lot of work. Never again. You will be happy with the Centech.

Thanks

jdeignan

+1 on the Centech. My only wish is that I took some extra time to lay out the harnesses and run my extra wires exactly how I needed them. Specifically, the starter solenoid/MSD ignition area, neutral safety switch, back up lamps, and radio.
I got it clean after a while, but would have saved me a lot of time and hassle had I taken a day to put some serious thought in to it.

The instructions are a bit cryptic, but once you figure them out you leave with a somid understanding of how everything works;)