• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

centech wiper switch swap question

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Can you swap out the centech wiper switch with your old one by taking the lines out of your old connector and replacing with the ones on the centech switch? I am not really concerned with going intermittent right now rather just getting it installed. Thanks-

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I did this when I installed the centech in mine. I already had a factory style delay switch that I wanted to keep. I called centech and they said I couldn't do it, that I had to use theirs. NOT TRUE...I checked out the wires and figured out how to do it and it has worked great for the last year so far. I was going to do a tech story on , but found one one this swap here on this site;D Good luck, I'll see if I can find the story for ya,Chuck

mtnbiker2010

Loc.
Grand Rapids MI
I am in the same boat as you. I posted the same question a while back without an answer. Everyone always refers you to the tech article, but unfortunately that does not seem to apply in our application. I would think that someone out there has tried the same thing that we want to do. I hope you get an answer.

OP
OP
NYBronco

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Wiper Switch

Someone here has to have an answer. If I need to go intermitent I will I just want ot get this finished.

Thanks-

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I understand everyones frustration...I tried to search for the tech yesterday and could not find it. I will look at mine later today tell ya what I find,Chuck

danny

here is my solution to my problem. i wanted the original knob on my dash.The shaft on the centech switch is to big to fit the original knob.I tried drilling out the knob. that did not work because the aluminun insert began to spin in the rubber knob. the way to fix this is to get a good metal file and just file down the shaft diameter to fit the knob.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I am outside right now removing the elec. tape so I can give you the answers you might be looking for. I run the centech wiring and a ford wiper delay switch.Chuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
OK this is what I found with the wiring...
Centech(wires)....Ford(wires)
blue(high)------->blue#1
green(park)----->red#2
purple(wash)----->lt.green/black#3
yellow(na)------->white#4
orange(na)------->orange/white#5

this is my sad attempt at a usable drawing:eek: not all of wires from the ford plugs were the same. I had 2 complete wiper systems and neither had the same colors or the same wires in the same spots on the plugs. I had to do some homework and test different wires with a 12v batt. HTH,Chuck:cool:

Attachments

• centech wiper 1.JPG
    centech wiper 1.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 22