• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Center counsel ideas

kangas2250

I just bought my first bronco, 74 and I'm thinking about putting a center counsel in it. I want to put the stereo in it and have a little extra secure storage. I looked at the tuffy ones (price is high) and am looking for anyone with pic's and or other ideas. Thanks.

jarrod

Loc.
Cedar Hills, Utah
I have a tuffy that i put the cb in the radio spot and an amp inside bolted to the side. I have a detachable face on my radio so i just put it all inside and lock it when i leave it. You cant see the holes i drilled because they are below the cupholders. Its built stong and I like that it can lock so everything is safe I think its worth the money.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I got a center console out of who knows what .but it was long and skinny
I put my speaker in it 6 inch rounds on each side in the back a small ones to the front ...mine is a 1/2 cab so it worked out well ...there is still room in it for gloves and rags and stuff....

OP
OP
K

kangas2250

thanks for your help, I'll probably put the tuffy one in and quite being a tight ass!

FSRBIKER

Loc.
Oak Ridge, NJ
You would kick yourself in the ass if you didn't and your radio got stolen. I bought mine through BSaunders when he did a mass buy a few years ago...maybe try for another one?

kangas2250 said:
thanks for your help, I'll probably put the tuffy one in and quite being a tight ass!

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
-------you can always make your own also--------

Attachments

• P5071366-small.JPG
    P5071366-small.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 56
  • P5071364-1.JPG
    P5071364-1.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 44
  • P5071363-1.JPG
    P5071363-1.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 24

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Unless you have a brake and some other cool fabrication tools; you would be hard-pressed to build anything as secure and strong as the tuffy...then get it powder-coated and think about your time in it and the Tuffy is a deal.

Now, I will be taking a shot at fabbing one of the big storage boxes; $400-475 is crazy, but again time and materials, plus PC-ing...it will still be pricy, but it will fit my needs better than what they offer.

Good luck.

John

jim71

Loc.
Sprague MB
The Tuffy was one of my first mods and I couldn't live without it... I've got all sorts of miscellaneous doodads in there - flashlights, zipties, duct tape, gloves, maps, spare change, multibit screwdriver, you name it. It also hides my head unit, gives me an indispensable cup holder, and makes a sturdy armrest. Money very well spent.

bronco977

Loc.
Bakersfield
I got lucky and found a console in a wrecked police car. It's built sorta like a Tuffy- heavy. I added the top, and mounted the B&M shifter in it. The three switches operate the offroad lights and the hazard signals. The rear of the box is hinged, and I installed a keyed lock. Inside will some storage and a kill switch.

Attachments

• console3.jpg
    console3.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 64

nysledge

Loc.
Greensboro NC
Just a small side note about Tuffy products. I have owned a center console for three years and the lock mechanism broke. I called Tuffy in hopes of ordering a new one after I had tried other options, and they could not have been nicer. They sent me a new lock in just a couple of days at no charge.
Great customer care!

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Some very cool stuff thats probably very adaptable to a Bronco on that Gall's Link. Under dash console, anyone?