• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Central FLORIDA Bronco Mechanic!

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
I am very close to finnishing my project and getting very frustrated. I am trying to find someone in the Central Florida area to help me out. If your interested in helping or know a bronco Mechanic around the East Pasco county area please let me know. I have Parts, tools and cash for trade. I live in Wesley Chapel, 20 miles noth/East of Tampa.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
supermottl said:
What are you trying to do? I'm sure a bunch of us wouldn't mind getting together for a work party.

Thats a good idea, I would help.
set it up. lets Get er done.
Sorry had to add that,

Bax

OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
That is very very cool Bax and I would make it worthwhile to anyone who helps.

Once I put the tub back on the only major thing to do is install the Centech wire harness. The rest is a bunch of little stuff like hooking up all the lights. I put the Twin sticks in, that was easy but I have a Lokar Floor shifter that needs to go in. Im pretty sure I can do the install but Im not sure about the nuetral safey stuff. I have the Bronco lean going on so I have to fix that. My main concern is safety. See Im not very mechanical and I have been learning everything as I go. Although I have progressed and learned a great deal, I am not 100% confident with my work. Almost everything in my Bronco is new and with all the time and money I have invested I would feel a lot better if I had someone with experience go over everything. For instance, I installed the Heim Joint steering kit and it looks like I did it right but I have no idea how it will drive. The engine, tranny and transfer case have been completely rebuilt, not by me but I insalled everything. Again, I could have made a little mistake and I would have no clue what to do.
I would be forever gratefull for any help that is offered.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I emailed my buddy Mark down in Fort Lauderdale. Might be too far for him, but he might make the trip. He's as fanatical about Broncos as myself and keeps complaining there are no EBs down in FL when he goes down there for winter work.

OP
OP
I

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
72_EB said:
I emailed my buddy Mark down in Fort Lauderdale. Might be too far for him, but he might make the trip. He's as fanatical about Broncos as myself and keeps complaining there are no EBs down in FL when he goes down there for winter work.

Cool, thanks! Let me know what he says. I have a nice Cabin in the Ocala National forest for anyone to use if they help me out. 500,000 acres of the best 4wheelin florida has to offer. It is also on one of the best Bass fishing or Gator Gig'n lakes in the country.

As soon as I get my rig going, I am going to plan a weekend event. I have plenty of room, 8 acreas, outside bathroom, sinks, shower, fire pit, clean camp areas. There are trails that go forever and some real cool pits. If anyone wants to volunteer to help orginize everything please let me know. I was hoping to do something around mid Febuary while it is still cool out.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I will make time, so just tell me when.

Bax

broncoguy66

Hey, it's buddy Mark in Ft. Lauderdale and yeah, I'll be more than happy to lend a hand. Just let me know when.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
todd - call me - we will organize and do this thing. We might want to get the harness in and complete before the wrench party. THat way we can fire it and if any issues the ones with the knowledge will be there. The centech is just tedious...not too hard.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Bax - I want that rear axle...depending on timing...I will come get it or if time does not permit you could maybe bring it.. Thinking the np435 is on track too :)

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Hijack ON/ Brian- NP 435 is suposed to be in my hands on the 3rd. I also have the 6cyl extension housing. OK on the rear end too. I guess what I am saying is you wont be waiting on me. Just Todd to set a date. Mark and Alex may come over here sometime so I could give the goods to them. Or we could wait untill Todd 's wrenching party and just work on yours instead./Hijack OFF.

Bax

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
Bronco Help

I Got The Guy For You He Is From Melborn By Bax He Can Do Anything To A Bronco He Has Built Five Or Six Motors For Me And Disk Brakes On All My Broncos He Will Be At My House Jan 15 To Do Disk Brakes And Rebuilt My Front End. He Has Three Or So Broncos Two Broncos He Extented 12 Inches. Uncut With Lift Kit Thay Will Be Cool When He Is Done

brian72

Early Bronco Student
bax said:
Hijack ON/ Brian- NP 435 is suposed to be in my hands on the 3rd. I also have the 6cyl extension housing. OK on the rear end too. I guess what I am saying is you wont be waiting on me. Just Todd to set a date. Mark and Alex may come over here sometime so I could give the goods to them. Or we could wait untill Todd 's wrenching party and just work on yours instead./Hijack OFF.
Bax

If enough people show up....we could work on two vehicles....;D ;D ;D ;)

Kaw-Liga

Loc.
Palm Coast, FL
Well hell's bells fellas, sounds like a fun time, and if you need a second project let me know as I'd be willing to let ya'll work on mine! By the way, I've got the inline six adapter and spacer, just need the 435 itself for my swap.

Rob

Potshot

72_EB said:

:) I'm in Hollywood and have only seen 3 others down here in Broward besides mine. An orange one not too far from me, a nice stocker on the road a month or so ago and a purple one just yesterday. Warms my heart. Of course there's that gutted rustbucket in Miami lakes someone wanted to sell me for $2k last month but it may be more rust than bronco!

brian72 said:
If enough people show up....we could work on two vehicles....;D ;D ;D ;)

I've got some C-bushings to replace and would dearly love to watch some folks do radius arm work to correct the lean before I do that. Depending on the timing I could lend a hand or just make beer runs. Helluva drive tho', would have to be on a weekend. :p