• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Central Iowa/Des Moines Area Meet and Greet

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Let me know if you do plan on coming, need a head count and email addys. I want to be able to send emails to all for directions and such. Just pm me the info.

Wolverines Paul? Of course!! You know we are somewhat partial to MI too. The girls Grandpa was MI fanatic for his old stompin' grounds.

John no excuses!! Jack N, you too!

Greg, can't wait to put a face to ya neighbor. And do get a hold of the other in the CR area.

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Tim, I am going to do everything I can to make it. New job keeps me pretty busy, but the boss is a bronco guy so he understands;D

BTW, Tim's Place is a great place for a event like this. Bronco Party Time!!!!!

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Come on Tom, you can go if you want too....:p Cars will still get painted no matter who is there.

I have Cedar Point, Beauty Pageants, a trip up to Traverse City and Mackinaw still to squeeze in before the daughter goes back to school. Oh and one Gymnastics clinic for the kid next month too...

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
Hey Tim,

I am the EB owner that you called a few weeks back. I am trying to find a drivers side fender.
I would love to make it, but I will be out of town.

Take lots of pics. Have fun!

Any word on a fender?

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I'm up for a meet and greet :eek:
those dates sound good to me but my bronco is off road only so I will have to trailer %)
I call dibbs on the pool ... I've been thinking about installing a snorkel kit on the howiebilt and need to test it ;D;D;D

Howiebilt

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Hi Tim,

Caught your meet and greet thread a few days ago, and can't stop wondering if a Husker would be welcome in Cyclone country.:eek: If so, I might be able to take you up on your hospitality. My only concern is this would be my first trip of distance in my daily driver. Guess I gotta try it sometime. Maybe some other Huskers are considering the trip and would want to meet up and caravan.

I'll let you know in a few days if I and the wife can make it.

Fred and Paula
Lincoln

77Bronco636

I'm up for a meet and greet :eek:
those dates sound good to me but my bronco is off road only so I will have to trailer %)
I call dibbs on the pool ... I've been thinking about installing a snorkel kit on the howiebilt and need to test it ;D;D;D

Howiebilt

"Is it amphibious? Only one way to find out!!!" A great quote from Homer Simpson!!

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hotels

Okay, only three weeks to go. Hoping to get a solid head count so let me know by responding with the number of people in your group or family on the thread here. And if you are, please send me your email/phone number via pm so that I can send directions.

Here is a link to several hotels located just north of me by 15 minutes drive time. http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=fluer+drive+hotels&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 They are listed A thru G. Located near the airport.

Like I said, this is low key. Will provide the grill food. Anyone attending can bring your speciality dish, choice of beverage and swimming gear if you desire!

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is the exact same days we will be in Deadwood SD with our old Bronco. If it can make it across the entire state every year we can make it to your party. We already made our reservations or we would be there. Take plenty of pics! See you next year? %)

bludorbronc

anybody in need of a np435,adapter and j shift 20. if so i will bring along. also have lots of odds and ends, would like to clean house. make me a deal and take all.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well just a little over a week away. Weather has been great lately! Still looking for a head count so please let me know. Just a number is all I need. Make sure you send me your email as I'll send our address/directions to all that want to attend. tim

FJB

This sounds great. I'm going to try to make it. I'll send a PM. Thks.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well damn near a week to go! Anyone else? Shoot me a pm with head count and email so that I can send directions and address to all planning to make the trip. Btw, UPS delivered a package yesterday filled with goodies for Saturday!

I did make a suggestion to Greg H this am to lodge at the Hampton Inn just south of the airport. Is a newer place and extremely easy to get out. Virtually no traffic to cross either. Looking forward to seeing everyone!! tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hi Tim,

Caught your meet and greet thread a few days ago, and can't stop wondering if a Husker would be welcome in Cyclone country.:eek: If so, I might be able to take you up on your hospitality. My only concern is this would be my first trip of distance in my daily driver. Guess I gotta try it sometime. Maybe some other Huskers are considering the trip and would want to meet up and caravan.

I'll let you know in a few days if I and the wife can make it.

Fred and Paula
Lincoln

Hey Fred, check with Fred B in Omaha. I think he is planning on coming over too. Nebraska dudes welcomed! tim

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Tim, sounds like you got it going on!!!!! I would have come but that's the same weekend of the "Fastest 1/2 Mile on Earth" (Bristol for non NASCAR folks).
Ya'll have a great time and post a lot of pics!!!!!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Hey Fred, check with Fred B in Omaha. I think he is planning on coming over too. Nebraska dudes welcomed! tim

Tim,

Sorry to say that I have to mis your meet and greet. My daughter was offered a job in Missouri yesterday. So now we will be moving her to MO next weekend. I have received a PM form Fred in Omaha about driving over to your place together. And I have let him know that I will not be attending.

If you have a get togather next year, I will give it another shot. And by then I will be more confident in my Broncos ability to make trips of greater distances.

Maybe we Nebraskans will pull something together over here. Will send you an invite for sure.

Sorry I can't attend and thank you so much for the invite.

Fred
Lincoln