• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Change from IDIDIT to more OEM column

johns_bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City
I purchased my Bronco from an impound and it sit without a top until just a few weeks ago. They did keep the seats covered but apparently not so much with the steering column. The Bronc has a stainless IDIDIT column, with the floor shifter instead of the auto column. Apparently this column has seized or something, as I can't hardly steer it, and it makes the horrible sound in the upper column area. Disconnected it still sounds and is a difficult turn.

Is there a column that would interchange with it so I can move the shifter back to the colum and have tilt? What I would like to find is something more similar to OEM.

Thanks!

krisbassett

I may be interested in your ididit column if you're looking to sell it? I have an original auto column but its not a tilt if your interested in a trade of some kind.