• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Tool" to change/rotate tire-

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Seems a bit pricey, and I may be wrong but I do not think it would work while on the trail....
I can't imagine it would work at all on the trail.

Looks like a cool gadget, but not $150 cool. :)

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nope, if i have to use something it will be a hilift and rope or the special lift device on a hilift

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I’ve got enough prybars at hand for that task. Certainly ain’t worth the $150 price tag.

Randy

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I sit on my butt while using steel toed boots for my 37"s. At the right height and move my toes to line up bolt holes.
I have a few conveyor track rollers I may use to build one that can spin tire while lifting it.

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
You could use it on the trail, just remember to bring your hatchet to chop down a sapling to use as your fulcrum... And if you are fat and out of shape like me, some beer for after you chop the sapling down while you recover. :)

OP
OP
FORD*DIEHARD

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor
I'm not thinking about buying one, I do the same thing while changing my 35's , sit down and use both feet to lift and turn until the lug nut holes line up.

Just wanted to see what others thought of this and see what other "tools" other have come across that made things easier to work on their vehicles and stuff such as this tool ?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I looked at it too just because well I'm getting old! On a paved garage floor it looks like a great idea. Not $150 great idea but if I had splurge money maybe I would. Lifting the tire is half the battle trying to rotate it so the studs line up is where things go sideways. I appreciate the ingenuity.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
This is the best tire install tool I’ve ever came across. If you don’t have one, you probably need one unless you live in an apartment 😂

Much less than $150 and has lots of other uses. Used it to install everything from 33’s to tractor tires taller than me.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 35

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Just saw this, anyone here use or seen one used in person?

https://www.liftwithtrac.com/products/trac-tire-jack

What are your thoughts?

Seems a bit pricey, and I may be wrong but I do not think it would work while on the trail....

Any other gadgets you seen that look interesting? Like to see other stuff

Sonny
I use my foot for up to 35's. Haven't had cause to install anything bigger. Roll the tire up onto it and then lift my heel as necessary. Helps that most of my boots are "steel toe". For bigger I would resort to Yeller's tool.