• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

changing lifts?

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
I currently have a 3.5inch lift that tracks down the road pretty good. I am thinking about replacing the springs because they ride really rough. If I go to a 4.5 inch spring will I have to change anything besides the springs?

matt

OP
OP
M

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
I know the problem isn't the 3.5inch spring, but thought if I am going to get new springs I might get the 4.5inch springs from BC broncos. The current lift is from KbarS and everybody has told me they are known for being rough riding.

I think I have decided to go with BCbroncos springs just thought I would get an extra inch of lift if I would not have to change anything but the springs.
matt

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
matt69 said:
I know the problem isn't the 3.5inch spring, but thought if I am going to get new springs I might get the 4.5inch springs from BC broncos. The current lift is from KbarS and everybody has told me they are known for being rough riding.

I think I have decided to go with BCbroncos springs just thought I would get an extra inch of lift if I would not have to change anything but the springs.
matt

You may or may not have to get a drop track bar or raised track bar bracket. It will depend on how the steering all lines up after the install. Moving from a rough riding 3.5" spring to a softer 4.5" spring like BC Broncos may not actually result in much additional lift to affect anything. ;D

Coob

Loc.
Houston, Tx
matt69 said:
I currently have a 3.5inch lift that tracks down the road pretty good. I am thinking about replacing the springs because they ride really rough. If I go to a 4.5 inch spring will I have to change anything besides the springs?

matt

Drive shaft angle comes to mind. My '77 is at 3.5 and the 3rd membr is at a pretty stiff angle. It's passable now but any higher and I would have a problem. Also any brake lines/cables could potentially be affected.