• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Charlotte, NC area EB's

digmy76

Are there any EB owners here in Charlotte, NC? I have my first EB (bought 2 months ago) ;D ;D. It would be great if there where some guys I could get up with and talk shop...Lord knows I need some guidence from some people that know these rigs. Please, let me know who is out there and willing to talk shop. Thanks, I would appreciate the help! Also, we should work on a get-together for those in the area...some beers or something! ::)

rebelbronc

Loc.
Raleigh, NC (school) Marion, NC(home)
hey man, there are a couple of us here in raleigh that i know of. one guys from mooresville, i think thats close to you. we are planning a get together the weekend of april 11th at uwharrie national forest if you're up for that. i'll bump the thread back to the top so you can check it out. hope you can make it! you too laen46 ;D

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i'm up on the lake. i'd be glad to give you some advice or help you out. ema il me direct if you'd like to try and hook up some time.
i've got parts and do a bit of work on the site when time permits.

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

[quote author=rebelbronc link=board=5;threadid=14628;start=0#110311 date=1046217359]
hey man, there are a couple of us here in raleigh that i know of. one guys from mooresville, i think thats close to you. we are planning a get together the weekend of april 11th at uwharrie national forest if you're up for that. i'll bump the thread back to the top so you can check it out. hope you can make it! you too laen46 ;D
[/quote]

I would definatley be up for the Uwharrie trip (that's not far from my house). I will try and clear up my work load and plan on being there. I assume this is a camping trip with a HUGE fire-pit and several types of libations? Hopefully I will get some suggestions about the fixes/mods I need ot make on my rig. Keep me updated! NicksTrix - It would be cool if we could get together and see what you can tell me about my '76, and I will get a chance to check out another Bronco! email me at stephen@cms-nc.com

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

Thanks! Is there anybody in the NC area, preferably Charlotte, that knows how to work on these rigs. I am having some trouble finding some knowledgeable mechanics.....affordable mechanics...forgot that important part..Let me know if anybody has an answer to that question!!

G

Hey-

I just noticed in a 4WD magazine that there is a 4 Wheel Parts store on at 4004 South Blvd. in Charlotte. I would suggest you stopping by that shop and asking them if they have a list of good mechanics and/or if they can refer you to anyone. Actually, I am having the exact same problem down here in Charleston, SC. I am getting ready to post the exact same question. The number for 4 Wheel Parts is (704) 525-2224. NOW, Galloways will have some competition and it will get their butt's up and WORKING at COMPETITIVE rates. Hope this helps.

hokie7

Loc.
charlotte nc
i live in the southern part of charlotte. i got a 71 on 33's with about a new set of everything. i would be glad to get together of talk, but being that i am 17 i doubt i could drink beers.

Wzbell

Loc.
Troutman, NC
I'm right on the other side of the lake, just moved up from Charlotte. Don't know about the place on S. Blvd, didn't have my EB when I lived downtown but there is a 4x4 shop in Mooresville on Hwy 150. I think they are called 4X4 perfromace or used to be called Crazy Gene's. I think they do mostly fabrications but I drive by it everyday on my way to work and they drive some nice rigs out of the door. Might be place to look into. Myself, I'm just learning. Haven't found a good place for parts around here besides Dennis Carpentier's in Concord.

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

Hey, Wzbell...I know the place off of 150 you are talking about. I stopped in that shop about 2 months ago (when I got my EB) and they are kinda pricey...but they look like they do some nice work on Jeeps. The 4wheel parts shop is right passed the 21South Restaurant off of South Boulevard on the right. The mechanics I have found are great and honest (very important).. they are off of Harris Blvd. at the intersection with Old Statesville Rd. The name of the place is ASI which stands for Auto Solutions, Inc. On a side note...where can I get an inexpensive, but not cheap, paint job, with a little minor body work?

Wzbell

Loc.
Troutman, NC
In Charlotte probably Macco or Peach. If you're loooking for that kinda paint job. Both are econony jobs. But you get what you pay for. I'll have to check out the parts places you mentioned next time I'm down that way. Thanks

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

I have seen a couple other (good lookin') Broncos around in the University area....a Carolina Blue one and a White one, are the owners members here? Are there any other charlotte owners here??? Speak up! :eek: