• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chassis harness, two purple wires?

BRONCOBERT

I have the JBG 70-77 chassis and taillight harness pat number 18042, anyway was wondering where to put the plug with the two purple wires, it has the black material protector over the wires. I cant seem to find a spot for it.:p

OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

So does it go to the proportioning valve? I have the Tom's Bronco Parts proportioning valve and the instructions read " NOTE: Must splice both factory wires from proportioning valve pigtail onto new proportioning valve pigtail." Is the purple wires what they are referring to? My valve only has one wire coming from it so two Purple wires connected to the one black wire?

OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

That's strange just tried calling TBP and it says can not be completed as dialed.
OK, looks like the 1-800 number does not work from my area but regular # works.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
So does it go to the proportioning valve? I have the Tom's Bronco Parts proportioning valve and the instructions read " NOTE: Must splice both factory wires from proportioning valve pigtail onto new proportioning valve pigtail." Is the purple wires what they are referring to? My valve only has one wire coming from it so two Purple wires connected to the one black wire?

Yes. Tie both wires together and to the new one.

OP
OP
BRONCOBERT

BRONCOBERT

Was under my dash and noticed that I had previously run the black proportioning valve wire to the Dakota Digital box where it says break, so now I am wondering how to run all the wires to use both the Dakota Dash instruments and the dash break light.
11614d1347741918-other-ford-sitting-my-garage-sam_7313.jpg