• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cherokee Wiper Conversion - $$$

70_Steve

Old Guy
Priced this conversion out through Napa and it worked out to like $29 per arm and then you need to buy blades. something like $85 with tax
I did Google searches and found arms at some Jeep part supplier for less than $15. It was a while ago, and I can't remember the name of the supplier.

OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Just wondering if the vendor replacements are equal or better in quality. I wouldent have to modify them or buy a rivit gun.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
When I priced it out at Kragen a few years back, it was right at $50 for everything.

Buying the arms and blades at the junkyard cost me about $12

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Vender replacemnts are basically the same as stock so your still in the same situation of couse if you have the newer style blades you can replace the blades easily with refill packs.
For the cherokee blades junk yard is your best bet. Or go to a jeep ralley and be very sneeky;D

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I run 14" blades on my modified cherokee arms. Try that on a stock bronco arm.......

Works like a champ and one of the hands down best dollars I have spent on the old girl.

Ben

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Actually I think I have 14in blades on my stock arms. But it cant be done with all stock blade setups as my 71 has some funky ones which I cant use refills on.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Anyone ever retrofit the in arm washer nozzles.
Never really looked too hard, is there room to run a washer hose through the windshield?

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Anyone ever retrofit the in arm washer nozzles.
Never really looked too hard, is there room to run a washer hose through the windshield?

The wiring for the windshield wipers runs through the windshield so I would imagine that you could fish a small washer hose through there with a little luck and effort.

I'm fixing to do this upgrade this weekend myself if I can find two arms in the junkyard. What is the complete year range that is useable? I've seen '87 & '88 mentioned before elsewhere just would like to know what years +/- those years would work.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
broncnaz that reminds me that I remember seeing a pair of wiper arms that were aftermarket, they had a hidden lever and you could slide the arm up or down depending which size blade you wanted to run. I have never been able to find them at a parts store or on line but it seemed like a great idea.

Ben

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Anco wiper arms p/n 4102 are adjustable but still use the old style blades anco 2012 or bosch 40711 are the stock sized replacement blades and I think you can use bosch 40713 as a larger replacement blade its 13in. The good thing about either of the blades listed is you can just use refills instead of buying a whole new blade. I usually get 26 or 28in refills and cut them down that way you can get a little larger blade like 14" My 71 has the older style blades which require you to replace the whole blade but I'm doiong the cheerokee upgrade on it. I've got one done already just need to hit up the junkyard to find another arm.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Theres a small lever underneath the arm where it attaches to the wiper motor that must be pressed while you wiggle the arm off.

idhawkdriver

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Cherokee Wiper Conversion

Just got done with the mod. Awesome. The rig is a 1966, vacuum wipers. Picked up the two arms at the local pick n' pull for $8, new blades were $8 each. Thanks guys!!!

BurntOrange74

went to the pick & pull yesterday. i spotted at least four cherokee arms. are these worth picking up for others? i got a set on my bronco and spare in my garage.

66fora69er

I just did this upgrade yesterday and its awesome. I paid for the napa arms just to be sure I got the right ones. pricey but nice arms. I shortened them 3.5". The work great