• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

chips and rust on my lap

jaydub01

Loc.
Daytona Beach, FL
ive got a tuffy console and toying with the idea of a shield for it from my giant seatbelt. When i take it off it hits it and puts little chips, which rust in the powdercoating. Anyone else have this problem?how did you correct it?should i strip and paint, will just chip again, or toy with a stainless or such covering. HELP ME, pics would help too

dpmerrill

Loc.
Springville, UT
What about painting it with Linex?

You can tint that stuff to just about any color you want, and it should be about chip free...

68ford

Bronco Guru
i dont think a seatbelt would chip powdercoat, might try that.

OP
OP
J

jaydub01

Loc.
Daytona Beach, FL
it is powder coated, and its not defective, i have a 4 pt harness, and i only use the lap portion. Its a huge rjs, heavy, lots of edges, definitly whats chipping it. I thought that brushed stainless sheets or something along those lines might look better. i have the tub line xed and considered that......

68ford

Bronco Guru
it must be poor powder coating then, my cage and bumpers are p/c and it was almost impossible to scratch,tried to scratch it with flathead screwdriver where it mounts under the carpet ;)