• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Choosing a Suspension Lift?

blu311

Loc.
Terra Ceia, FL
I'm the new owner of a 69 Bronco. My goal this summer is to lift it 3 1/2" and get new tires/wheels. My Bronco has dual shocks at all the corners but no other mods to speak of. I've been shopping around and I think I'm gonna go with James Duff, (or WH or Tom's or...). Any advice on whos got the best suspension kits? best prices? Also shocks are a mystery to me. Do I want Duff's shocks or should I get Ranchos?? (and how many shocks? I'm thinking 2 up front, singles in the rear?)

74bronc

Bronco Guru
i would recommend you consider all the vendors on the lift. I have driven a Wild Horses equipped bronco and it rode nice and handled nice. I have also driven a BC Broncos equipped Bronco and it was very nice. I went with the BC front coils and will get Chucks rear springs when I can. As for the shocks, Ranchos sucks. I hate them. I have 5000's on my bronco right now and they are getting ditched in favor of Bilstein 5100's when I get the chance.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
JBG has some killer Deaver kits available now. If you want a soft-ride, I'd say that's where the action is.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
blu311 said:
I'm the new owner of a 69 Bronco. My goal this summer is to lift it 3 1/2" and get new tires/wheels. My Bronco has dual shocks at all the corners but no other mods to speak of. I've been shopping around and I think I'm gonna go with James Duff, (or WH or Tom's or...). Any advice on whos got the best suspension kits? best prices? Also shocks are a mystery to me. Do I want Duff's shocks or should I get Ranchos?? (and how many shocks? I'm thinking 2 up front, singles in the rear?)

I have the 2" Duff set up and love it. I would go with the sigle shock set up if you plan to drive mostly on the road. Mt buddy has the dual set up on a 3.5" lift and it just about beats you do death on the road, it's a very rough ride. The Duff suspension also looks cool as it's all blue.

Bronco Sport