• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chrome 9" rear diff. covers anyone???

DEANCURTIS17

Loc.
Northern Virginia
Hello,

Does anyone know where to purchase a chrome 9" rear diff. cover. I've searched and searchedand all that really comes up is the 7.5" & 8.8".

Thank you!

Dean

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:eek: :eek: :eek: You will need to put the unit and send the thing to the chrome shop and have it all done. Will cost a lot good luck. ;D ;D ;D Bill %) :cool: :p

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Yeah sorry there's no crome covers because a 9 inch is a drop out 3rd member whereas the 7.5" and the 8.8" are integral-type housings.

OP
OP
D

DEANCURTIS17

Loc.
Northern Virginia
I see, just used to the 8.8...but another quick question,

My rear end is leaking and it looks like it is leaking out of the rear cover - which obviously does not remove. Any suggestions? Thanks again!

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Pull the third member, clean off the old gasket with a scraper, change the diff fluid then use black RTV and slap it back together

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I've never seen an early bronco with a chrome rear diff. You certainly would stand out with all that bling bling. While you're at it you might want to look into a set of chrome shocks, 20" rims, and euro tail lights. ;)

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think you should check your rear pinion for the leak before pulling the third member.

Jeff in AZ

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D If it is leaking out the rear clean it and find were and take a center punch and pein it and this will fix it. they do leak at the weld's once in a wile good luck. :eek: :eek: :eek: Bill :p :cool: %)

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
TJK74 said:
Theres no diff cover on a 9" Just the housing it's self

True, but that doesn't mean no one makes a 9" differential cover.

9inchcover.jpg

Here is the link:Blue Torch Fab. supppose you could get it Chrome-plated. ;)