• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cleaning a softop...

Slumlord

Loc.
Portland, Oregon
Gang,

I have a softop on my '69 and so far the white is nice and bright and the windows are clear (as they are gonna get). I want to keep it this way so I'm looking for the best way to clean the top.

Usually, I Armorall everything but I read that Armorall will actually fog plastic windows so now, I Armorall everything but the windows, then simply wipe them down (yes, I use a soft cloth) with warm water.

Does anyone else have any tips or techniques that they use to keep their top looking top-notch!?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
there are a few products out there for clear plastic. brands like mcguires makes them. i found if i ever roll up the windows, to put a beach towel inside as it gets rolled up. this way it won't get the wear stripes from the straps in the clear area from chaffing against each other. it's worked well me me.
armor type of coatings will cause the clear plastic to yellow.
a source for products to use on the top is boat supply shops. i had a canvas guy redo the windows in a top for a customer a few years ago. he mentioned a few things they use.
HTH
happy holidays
nick