• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cleaning fuel lines?

wegngis

Loc.
Oregon
I'm in the process of getting my gas tank repaired (leak) and also rebuilding my carburetor. As a result, my fuel line is disconnected on both ends. I have had trouble with varnish and crud in my carburetor due to old/bad gas in the past. Consequently, I'm wanting to also clean out my fuel line at the same time. I have an electric fuel pump installed in the line, and I thought about running some carb cleaner up through the line a few times. Is this ok to pump carb cleaner through the fuel pump? Is there a better way to clean it?

Thanks!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I see nothing wrong with that. Before I got your post read completely I was going to say .. Get a gallon of Berryman Chemtool and hook an electric fuel pump and recirculate it thru the lines for about an hour.
... I did almost this when I changed from gas to a Diesel rig. I put diesel fuel an auto trans fluid into my tank. then I ran the electric pump to circulate the fuel thru the filter an lines to clean out any trash I might have in my system ..