• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cleaning fuel tank

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
what is the best way to clean out an empty fuel tank?

I might have mine out later today and it has been sitting for about 10 months with no fuel. So I figured why it is out I might as well clean it.

Thanks,

Matt

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it plastic or metal? The plastic ones do not have baffles in them and you can put a short section of chain in there and shake it - that helps loosen all of the crud stuck on the inside walls. I've used Purple Power (or any other high power cleaner) and let it soak in there - shake it - and pour it out. Do that several times and you will be amazed at the junk that comes out.