• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

clear d44 diff cover

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Anyone seen the new clear dana 44 diff cover? I think its kinda cool, you can see if your oil is dirty or has water in it. Besides watching gears work is interesting anyways ands its the same price for one of them fancy aluminum covers too. I remember using clear distributor caps in my old vw baja bug, you can watch the spark jumping around it was kinda cool. I wonder if they make clear dist caps for fords?<br>Anyways here is the link, its near the bottom of the page:<br><br>http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/13.asp#diff cover<br>

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Very cool but not for me. Kinda pricey. It would help to see what's going on in there though. I bet it would scratch up pretty good in the rocks and even though they banged it with a hammer I still doubt it's strength.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
To go along with scratching up on the rocks you should probably purchase one of those D44 rock guards that protect the pumpkin. I would post a pic but I didn't find one fast enough.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Definitely looks pretty cool, but... Like everyone else I also wonder about the durability. Also, if it gets scratched, then the visibility of the fluids and gears gets worse. It is also shouldn't cost $140. It's just a molded piece of plastic. The manufacturing cost on that can't possibly exceed $10.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p If they work as good as the dist. caps and clear plug wires and fuel lines it is a expence looking for a place to happen I wouls stay clear of them good old steel works very good and can take a beating. :p :p :p Bill 8) 8) 8)

IPwizard

Loc.
NE Ohio
Smacking it with a hammer? How does that compare with running your diff into a rock, or coming down on a rock on a trail with the weight of the rig? I think that is a disaster waiting to happen. <br><br>Plus $140??? This is why we say "Dont Smoke Crack!" ;)

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Pretty pricey if you ask me :eek:<br>
clear-gearz-diff-cover.jpg
<br><br>I think it would look kule if you just put water in there and a couple of gold fish ;D just don't engage the 4wd ;)

jasondemitri

Loc.
tacoma, wa
those are for the urban wheelers. no worries smacking it on anything if you dont take it off road. im getting one, oh wait.....i think i will just clean my steel one to make it look purty

randall

I just dont understand how they can even begin to compare a 4000 pound Bronco to a hammer, haha

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=rulebreaker link=board=5;threadid=12647;start=0#94729 date=1041087181]<br>With me driving I would give it 15 min. All I got to do is look at my steel 1 to figure that out!<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>LOL 15min. Yeah Right, I'd give you 5min MAX. ;D ;D ;D