• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clock TB 90 degrees

jcb9089

I made it all the way through install of 408/4r70w without 1" body lift but after installing the throttle body, hits my hood. I have a highlander hood so thought it would clear but no go. Hits TBS and tube.

So looking to possibly clock TB 90 degrees. Looking for advice on those that have done this...how do you setup throttle cable after doing?

Any issues after clocking?

Attachments

• 20200214_193401.jpg
    20200214_193401.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 122

Broncobowsher

Total hack
90° will put the IAC into the hood even worse.
90° the other way, I'm not sure the IAC will clear the valve cover. But that would be the way to try, if it clears.
Universal Lokar cable kit.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
IF you can't rotate your upper plenum parts and get the clearance you need you could always lower the engine as an option...make sure you have adequate oil pan to diff clearance at full bump but I did this back in '86 as it was my least expensive option to make my 351W fit with the drop base filter, manifold, carb, adapter, steel hood, etc.

"Ya do what ya gotta do to make it fit."

OP
OP
jcb9089

jcb9089

Thanks all.

clocking 90 fits but I tried to rig up throttle connection using lokar cable and pulley. Just wasn't smooth.

Any pics or suggestions for throttle linkage when clocked 90?

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
howdy. im clocked 90 right now and made up a bracket to use the stock explorer cable.

throttle cable 7.jpg

throttle cable 4.jpg

Hank

OP
OP
jcb9089

jcb9089

Thanks, you are clocked 90? My throttle body IAC is down, close to valve cover.

Did you fab bracket from explorer cable?

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, you are clocked 90? My throttle body IAC is down, close to valve cover.

Did you fab bracket from explorer cable?

clocked 90 in this case is iac on the side. its a mustang TB and stock had iac at the top as i recall. i could be mistaken but im basing that on how i disassembled the donor stuff.

i made the bracket from scratch and adapted the explorer cable to the stock skinny pedal

FWIW, im at about 1.4 inches of body lift and had to cut the center rib out of my hood to clear the TPS and top of plenum to get the hood to close. 351w.

hank

OP
OP
jcb9089

jcb9089

The arm of my Accufab 70mm makes it harder to create bracket for cable position.

The explorer arm would make easier. Starting to think a 1" body lift will solve the problem, no clocking needed.

Attachments

• throttle body.jpg
    throttle body.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 23

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
A 1" body lift makes so many things easier to work on that I think all Broncos can benefit from one.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Any amount of body lift helps lower firewall and floor temps too... nothing but benefits!