• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clocking an Atlas

BAMA

Loc.
PALM DESERT
Need some help Pleeeaaasssee....I'm trying to gain as much clearance as possible and I've seen pics of the Atlas being completely flat underneath but have yet spoken w someone (locally) who does not have a concern w pinion angle and breaking driveshafts. I'm breaking shafts at the angle I'm at now and my Atlas is at about a 45 degree angle. What can I do? Thanks...

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Need some help Pleeeaaasssee....I'm trying to gain as much clearance as possible and I've seen pics of the Atlas being completely flat underneath but have yet spoken w someone (locally) who does not have a concern w pinion angle and breaking driveshafts. I'm breaking shafts at the angle I'm at now and my Atlas is at about a 45 degree angle. What can I do? Thanks...

Front or rears, with your current 45 degree setup....?

Projp

My Atlas is almost flat. The front CV seems to wear out a little faster than before , but not so much as to not run it in this configuration. The rear hs been OK.
How much lift are you using? Most of the time I was about 3.5.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BAMA

BAMA

Loc.
PALM DESERT
5.5 in lift. I broke a rear u-joint Sat cruising down the hway. A month or so it was the front that broke.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like you need to check the output angle of your pinion outputs on both axles........

Projp

Not quite flat, but pretty close

Attachments

• 100_1941 (Large).JPG
    100_1941 (Large).JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_2071 (Large).JPG
    100_2071 (Large).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1974 (Large).JPG
    100_1974 (Large).JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 30