• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clunking noise in reverse

MikeKC130J

Contributor
So I've been talking back and forth with dirtdonk he's been a great help.
My 75 has been making a clunking noise when I go in reverse.
I think I found out why. My 351w which is a new mod for me is up against the fire wall and so is the intake. I'm thinking this is what is making the noise. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
MikeKC130J

MikeKC130J

Contributor
Here is the second picture

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 59

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Very well could be. Looks like u need to loosen up all your body mounts and make sure your steering shaft is collapsable or loosen up the column. Check your shifter holes to make sure they are large enough to allow the body to slide back about and inch or a little less. Check to make sure nothing else is gonna bind and try to slide it back a little. There is a bit of play in the body bolts to allow for this. Or you can get the wildhorses 1 inch integrated body lift and make those spots 1 " higher so they dont hit. Once i got my wh 1" installed i left all the bolts loose and nudged my body around until i was happy where it sat on the frame

OP
OP
MikeKC130J

MikeKC130J

Contributor
Very well could be. Looks like u need to loosen up all your body mounts and make sure your steering shaft is collapsable or loosen up the column. Check your shifter holes to make sure they are large enough to allow the body to slide back about and inch or a little less. Check to make sure nothing else is gonna bind and try to slide it back a little. There is a bit of play in the body bolts to allow for this. Or you can get the wildhorses 1 inch integrated body lift and make those spots 1 " higher so they dont hit. Once i got my wh 1" installed i left all the bolts loose and nudged my body around until i was happy where it sat on the frame

I did order 1 in body lift from wild horses.
Thank you for the information.

genthree

I did the Wild Horses 1". Take the advice in the instructions and drill out the bushings when you remove the bolts. You will be GLAD you did. It makes separating the old body mounts MUCH easier....