• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO...the Bronco state

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I went on a ski trip last week and the 4 hours I was awake in Colorado I saw 11 EB's, 5 of which were blue (go figure??). There was a nice uncut burnt orange on and a cherry red uncut one that was actually driving in our lane so I got a long look at it. Only thing I didn't like on it was the gay bug shield. You know the kind that stick straight up.

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
[quote author=broncobsession link=board=5;threadid=13249;start=0#99544 date=1042500954]
I went on a ski trip last week and the 4 hours I was awake in Colorado I saw 11 EB's, 5 of which were blue (go figure??). There was a nice uncut burnt orange on and a cherry red uncut one that was actually driving in our lane so I got a long look at it. Only thing I didn't like on it was the gay bug shield. You know the kind that stick straight up.
[/quote]

That's where I found mine ... 1973 with 28,000 original miles. Colorado is great beacuse the relative humidity is 20% all year round, no salt usage in the winter ... meaning the best minimal rust examples outside the southwest without the interior being nuked by the sun.

JMurray

[quote author=broncobsession link=board=5;threadid=13249;start=0#99544 date=1042500954]<br>Only thing I didn't like on it was the gay bug shield. [/quote]<br>Hey, someones got to get rid of those gay bugs. :eek:<br>Jerry

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
[quote author=JMurray link=board=5;threadid=13249;start=0#99574 date=1042503764]<br>[quote author=broncobsession link=board=5;threadid=13249;start=0#99544 date=1042500954]<br>Only thing I didn't like on it was the gay bug shield. [/quote]<br>Hey, someones got to get rid of those gay bugs. :eek:<br>Jerry<br>[/quote]<br><br>Only in Boulder ... where yuppies drive their Ch#vy Subhumans with "Save the Earth" and "Save Tibet" bumper stickers.

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
I have to agree. I bought mine in Grand Junction, and because the climate the high desert provides, rust is very minimal. I spent a week there ( G.J.)over the Christmas break and was shocked at all the EBs I saw.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
[quote author=ASE-73 link=board=5;threadid=13249;start=0#99594 date=1042506383]<br>[quote author=JMurray link=board=5;threadid=13249;start=0#99574 date=1042503764]<br>[quote author=broncobsession link=board=5;threadid=13249;start=0#99544 date=1042500954]<br>Only thing I didn't like on it was the gay bug shield. [/quote]<br>Hey, someones got to get rid of those gay bugs. :eek:<br>Jerry<br>[/quote]<br><br>Only in Boulder ... where yuppies drive their Ch#vy Subhumans with "Save the Earth" and "Save Tibet" bumper stickers. <br>[/quote]<br><br>I live in Boulder and you are so on the money. The hypocritical liberals. Wish I could hang em all.

75dlydrvr

Loc.
Colorado
Mines a Colorado native. I'm the second owner, (sixteen years now) and when I bought her from my uncle, she had only minimal rust. Now over the years of daily driving she's not the same. Rust, oh yeah I 've got rust! I lose some everytime I hit a bump. <br><br>One thing for sure though, I LOVE MY BRONCO! ;D ;D ;D

72bronco

Bronco Guru
Yep, those tree huggers have heated swimming pools, big SUVs, and their kids wear disposable diapers. At the same time they want to cut off public access to nature and would stop a highway from being built in order to prevent a single tree from being cut down. Oh the hipocricy. But I digress...

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
[quote author=72bronco link=board=5;threadid=13249;start=0#99918 date=1042584974]<br>Yep, those tree huggers have heated swimming pools, big SUVs, and their kids wear disposable diapers. At the same time they want to cut off public access to nature and would stop a highway from being built in order to prevent a single tree from being cut down. Oh the hipocricy. But I digress...<br>[/quote]<br><br>You are a cool dude that is right on the money! ;D ;D

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Colorado is even the place for Bronco parts as well. Just drove from Denver to Albequerque on some "less traveled" highways and I made some notes of a few yards (including backyards) that had visble EBs just sitting around

Moaiz

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
{begin jedi mind trick}<br>There are no spare broncos in Albuquerque or Northern New Mexico, you imagined them.<br>{end jedi mind trick}

austinzzz

Loc.
Balmy, Houston, Texas
Got mine in Monument, just north of Colorado Springs. I currently live in Texas, but the Bronco still has Colorado Classic Tags. You can still find decent early broncos in Colorado for relatively low prices. Look in the small towns.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Just towed my 72 sport from a small town in CO. Got tired of seeing it sit while traveling through CO for the last couple of years...finally made an offer, and now its mine, and safe in TX from any further rust (very lttle to start with, surprisingly).

edjolly

Loc.
Denver Colorado
[quote author=ASE-73]<br><br>Colorado is great beacuse the relative humidity is 20% all year round, no salt usage in the winter
<br><br>Hasn't always been true. Salt used to be used extensively in Co, although not nearly as much as in the plains states. Now the Highway Dept. uses Magnesium Chloride--doesn't rust the cars as much but don't drive here with Magnesium wheels. The stuff turns 'em black, permanently.<br><br>Ed<br>

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Waverous link=board=5;threadid=13249;start=0#99938 date=1042588181]<br>Colorado is even the place for Bronco parts as well. Just drove from Denver to Albequerque on some "less traveled" highways and I made some notes of a few yards (including backyards) that had visble EBs just sitting around<br>[/quote]<br>Dang - guess I need to start following you around some more, or quite paying so much attention to the road ;D