• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coil overs for street use

tweingad

I am considering using coil over air shocks from ballistic fab for my bronco and I am wondering your opinions about how they would do on the street driving?

Thanks

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Coil over shocks would be great on the street. You may need a sway bar from Ruff Stuff or Currie so you did NT get the body roll when cornering. The kids near me who drive Toyota 4x4 have been using them wth out sway bars...and a couple wish they used sway bars first.....now they need body work.....which looks cool any way...lol

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Not sure on a coil over air shock. You mean a coil-over, or airshock? 2 different things. I assume coil-over. There is a lot of bashing on Ballistic Fab out there. You might want to check on parts from another vendor.

All that said, what do you use the vehicle for? Coil overs will not be very street friendly with a soft spring rate in them.

xltbeast

Loc.
Lake Placid, NY
Ballistic does have there hybrid coil over/ air shock. I have seen them in person and they looked to be of good quality but for the price you might want to look at something like an F-O-A coil over combined with a nice piggy back shock. Another company i would check out is Profender Suspension. I have no personal experience with them but hear nothing but good things.

OP
OP
T

tweingad

Thanks I hadn't heard of the other two but have had experience with other balistic products and they are pretty good. I am currently rebuilding my bronc and just wanted some opinions before spending lots of money on something I would hate. I was planning on using a sway bar kit should I do a front and rear or would a front be enough? I will do an update

Thanks

Last edited: