• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

coil spring install problem

black pearl

as you can see from the pic,things aren't lined up correctly.the spring is in the lower retainer like it should be.what's wrong?am i missing something obvious?are my new plates not quite right?
thanks

Attachments

• DSC01381.JPG
    DSC01381.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC01382.JPG
    DSC01382.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC01383.JPG
    DSC01383.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
black pearl

black pearl

i just heard from cage and they said the same thing.i thought the spring needed to be back to the stop on the plate.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The bottom part of the cup is probably either off by 180, or do you have the Right and Left mixed up?

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
True Right and Left are the same, what I meant by right and left is 180 out.

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
The coil bucket is in ther right place with the long side out. I would let the hi-lift jack down so a little weight is on the springs and then loosen the spring retainer bolts up and spin it around about a quarter turn counterclockwise until it slides right into place.

OP
OP
black pearl

black pearl

problem?what problem?everything looks ok to me ;D all i had to do was loosen the bolts and spin the springs.i wasn't aware that the springs didn't need to be against the stops in the bottom plate.

Attachments

• DSC01385.JPG
    DSC01385.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 76

broncnut

mine was doing the same and I had the bottom plate 180 out. the coil should fit into the groove..