• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cold Weather - Idling/Running Problems...HELP

G

My EB is having a hard time running when I try to crank it. It will turn over, however, will not idle without me leaving my foot on the gas about 1/4 way. Also, when I try to rev the engine up a little, it acts like it is bogged down and/or is not firing all of the way. It will not idle without me pushing on the gas just a bit. Does the carb need to be adjusted or is it something with the choke? The engine is a fresh rebuild 302. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Pop the distributer cap and check that the advance mechanism is free and check the vacuum can. then check the timing it sounds out of whack. If you have points check them too. Make sure the choke is opening.

PPiazza

Loc.
Newark California
Chck your choke. See if it closes when you start it. Also, you may want to hit the gas pedal three times to set the choke. Then it should start and Idle high for a few.<br><br>I had this problem with mine and realised that the choke was not connected. Hooked up the linkage and now she runs fine.