• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

College Bronco owners

66bronc

Loc.
Jourdanton
i have 2 eb's one is a daily driver and the other is a long term project. i know what it is like being in college and not being able to buy all the parts that you want. just finished my undergrad at southwestern (georgetown, tx) and am now attending grad at texas state in san marcos. there are 3 others on campus any of you reading this. luckily though my girlfriend has a fulltime job and she funds all of my toys for now, plus most of the time she drives the bronco since i have a longer commute. i consider myself very lucky in this situation, but she gets to drive the bronco.

Brewbro21

Poor college student at Colorado State. Thank god for online classes, it allows me to work and attend school full-time. Have to have money to feed the addiction, Bronco Addiction.

montanabronc

Just got out of school a year ago ( Montana State University) and bought my bronco my sophomore year. Put it straight to the garage to pull out the drivetrain ( 6, three on the tree) and didn't have it running until last year. Talk about a long wait. then I rolled it and am still replacing parts. Good thing my body was already crap and I don't care about it, I did need new windshield and frame etc. Still need new driveshaft for rear though. Damn it sucks being broke!!

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
yep broke college kid at wvwc. does not seem any one here has a rig. but as for time a progress??? i have not made to much still trying to get the grandparents garage cleared out so i can strip the bronc.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
TTU I am hoping to have my Bronco up here next month...it shoudl be drivable. I tired to get as much parts and labor done during HS, and have a fair rig. The only place I went cheap is with the coils and add-a0leaf I am running. Which will get swapped out quite soon...maybe during spring break?

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
I am a college student as well. I am 18 and have had mine for about 6 months. My rig is nice, not perfect because I do daily drive it. It is a slow project as money permits, but it is fun and it runs amazing so it's all good! Fun project that will get better with age...

grant_71

Bronco Guru
kidduniversity said:
hahahaha this is so cool almost everyones story is the same. I went to AppState 4 yrs ago and I am at Charlotte. Do yall hate those spoiled kids with their nice new mommy bought cars.

You wanna hear bout mommy bought cars....I am at Lake State in Sault Saint Mare MI....right next to canada....nope bronco aint here, wish it was...Any how, last year a couple guys from down stairs decided to do a little wheeling in late November, in a daddy- bought- me- for- school 02 V-10 excursion, well they got stuck, and since we all know how large excursions are...they dont come out easy. In the process of yanking the thing out, they caught the oil filter on an ice chuck, broke that off, spewed oil all over the trail, and siezed the motor. $7500 later, (daddy footed the bill) and he has it back up here this year....simply amazing. And yes they were drinking...which is the stupidist thing to ever do in my book. Now for the part that pissed them off the most, I took my 86 Bronco II ( I bought and rebuilt with my own cash thnakyou) on that same trail earlier that day...made it through the whole thing in 2wd....love them little spin boxes. Sorry to jack the post, but hey, I am at school to so Ifeel your pain. HEY, I got a 24% on my programming midterm!!!

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
a kid up here has a defender on 35s (i think) with all these extras im pretty sure its daddy bought, and my bronco is close to being street legal, just need to pass inspection which it is ready to do, and i need to get a spare wheel so my mom will let it leave the drive way and then i need to finish my wwarflare install. im too excited yet time is my enemy...along with money

68beast

Loc.
Covina, Kalifornia
grant_71 said:
You wanna hear bout mommy bought cars....

My parents wanted me to buy a new car, or drive one of theirs but I couldnt do it the easy way. I guess you could say my bronco, and parts for it are mommy bought, but I built it. The main reason i got money for it was because my dad has always wanted a car like the bronco. Now my dad likes to joke that they are gonna have to buy me a new car because the bronco is un-reliable. He threatens me with a new Hyundai Santa Fe, I think its just because he wants the bronco for himself while I'm in college. BTW im a senior in high school and will be going to a University out here in California next year.

sellers69

Loc.
Durango, Colorado
Fort Lewis College, Durango Co. One 69 Donkey not a DD. Its really hard to have a junkyard in your front yard when your landlord is coming by all the time.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
68beast said:
My parents wanted me to buy a new car, or drive one of theirs but I couldnt do it the easy way. I guess you could say my bronco, and parts for it are mommy bought, but I built it. The main reason i got money for it was because my dad has always wanted a car like the bronco. Now my dad likes to joke that they are gonna have to buy me a new car because the bronco is un-reliable. He threatens me with a new Hyundai Santa Fe, I think its just because he wants the bronco for himself while I'm in college. BTW im a senior in high school and will be going to a University out here in California next year.

same kinda deal. dad used to hate it. then once he saw what i was doing and i enjoyed it. he got into it too. (He used to be a motorcycle freak, my mom has pics of him in college with a motor in the sink ;) ) I think he just needs an excuse to tinker.

he's also starting to warm up to my pup....after 10 yrs. %)

X68BroncoX

Loc.
Amherst MA
I'm broke too.

Hi everyone

I'm a Junior at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. I just dropped most of my cash on a 68' and am reading tech article after tech article instead of buying parts right now. I'll probably be doing this for the next year or so... I'll be ready when I want to dive in though! ;D

Pirate EB

Loc.
Cary, NC
I'm down at East Carolina University in Greenville, NC.

Here is my 71 as it sits until the summer when I can work on it.
609447_25_full.jpg

This is my commuter car.
609447_3_full.jpg

My buddies and I are thinking about making a beach trip before it gets too cold. It would be cool to get some Broncos out there. Let me know if some of you NC guys want to go.