• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Color Codes

luvmy76

Loc.
Mosul, Iraq
I am trying to find out what the paint code for my 76 explorer is. On the information plate the paint code is "H", but i have so far been unable to find a chart anywhere that can give me the info i need to order the paint. If anyone can offer any info or a way to find the info i need I would greatly appreciate it.

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
Not to butt in but I am also wondering what color my Bronco is. The guy I got it from said that he had it painted an original EB blue. I know it was originally green but I prefer the blue. The body is a 71 and the drivetrain is a 77. Does anyone have any ideas what color this is. I would likt to have it repainted this color.

Thanks, Brad

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Russel whats the color code letter on your Vin ID?

6873idpl.gif

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
I don't want the green. I want to repaint it the blue that it is now. Check out my gallery. It may be a 71-77 color.

Brad

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
There is 7 blues including the light blues,5 of them are a darker shade

I used the color chart for a 71' since that was your original body year.

Being that I'm using your gallery pic up to the color chart from a computer, the best I can tell is that its either Bahama Blue 2281(Ford code 6) or Harbor Blue 13249 (Ford code 7)

Blue is a great color, the reason for it is because in the paint world, it has the most shades avalible than any other color. The problem with that is, the shades are so close that you can drive yourself crazy even using a color chart with all the hybrids of blue.