• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Comment from a kid at the gas station made me feel both "old" and "COOL"

Miker

Bronco Guru
Comment from a kid at the gas station made me feel both "old" and "COOL"

So, I go and get my Bronco some gas at the station down the street and some 20something driving a "Tuner" gets out with his friends and says "hey is that really a Bronco? I've only seen pictures of them in magazines or in the movies." "I have never seen one in person", "man that is the coolest"
After saying that, I must admit, I had to dig down deep from years gone by and actually "act cool",,,,,,,,, :cool::cool::cool:

TheLimeRanger

that shouldnt make you feel old! if he used some jargon you never heard of before, well then that's a different story. he is right though, they are the coolest!

sgtdcoulter

Loc.
Peachtree City Ga.
I prefer the word "Seasoned" rather than "Old" I still feel as young as my 75 Ranger, it goes to show that Seasoned things never grow Old, just better w/ time.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
So, I go and get my Bronco some gas at the station down the street and some 20something driving a "Tuner" gets out with his friends and says "hey is that really a Bronco? I've only seen pictures of them in magazines or in the movies." "I have never seen one in person", "man that is the coolest"
After saying that, I must admit, I had to dig down deep from years gone by and actually "act cool",,,,,,,,, :cool::cool::cool:

I get asked will I sell it just about everytime I get fuel.Also I take/pick up my youngest son at school and all the male teachers gawk as well as most all the teenagers!(male & femail)

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
How about....Wow that thing is 38 years old,did you buy it new? Or... my Grandpa had one before I was born.

NavyBronco66

Loc.
San Antonio
Well here is food for thought guys I am a 26 year old whom has a 67 bronco a 45 year old vehicle so my bronco is nearly 21 years older then I am

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
LOL! This thread put a smile on my face. I've had my 73 for the past 15 years but moth balled it almost 8 years ago when our first son was born.
For a whole host of reasons it was never a priority. This year I finally made the time to get her back up and going. My son now almost 8 had the toughest time understanding that 38 year old car still ran???? Both kids love the beast but geez that made me feel old. (I'm 46 BTW).

5562733156_141f93e7bc_b.jpg

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Mine is a daily driver so I get comments pretty often, everything from how much to sell it, to nice Jeep (argh!!!)

What's funny is how many times I get stopped and then chat for 30 minutes to someone that has or had one. That is the best.

I have a couple of really funny ones though:
One night at the batting cages, a guy comes in and says, is that yours? He proceeds to talk about the one in his garage. The very next day a lady stops me at chick fila to chat about it. It was the guys wife!!!

A couple of days ago, my girlfriend texts me that she is stuck in traffic cause a guy in a jeep broke down. She then texts, "He should have bought a Bronco". I laughed and thought, I have an awesome girlfriend!!!

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got out in mine today for the first time this year.
It is always a kick in the arse to realize AGAIN every year how cool these things are , and mine is not even a prime example !
Damn near everyone gawks ... thumbs up from random guys in Chevy trucks or Lincoln SUV's , soccer moms eyeballing the ride , old men & old women eyeballin' , kids .... the Bronco catches everyones eye !

ChrisC74

A couple of days after I brought my 74 home my seven year old sons bus driver called to tell us the Joey had shared with him that his dad had just gotten a really old car, almost as his mom... That went over well. The next day when we were talking about putting in speakers or not he asked if it would only play old music since it was so old... He is also fascinated by the crank windows. Gotta love the younger ones...

moteaux

He is also fascinated by the crank windows. Gotta love the younger ones...

Reminds me of the Paul Harvey story about the young guy who was fascinated that there was a watch that didnt need batteries... all you had to do was wind a little dial on the side of the watch a couple of rounds each day and it never needed a battery.:)

MartyG

Bronco Guru
... he asked if it would only play old music since it was so old...

I made a mp3 disc with 170 "Super hits of the 70's" I play when I'm driving around town. My wife always says "Ug...why do you listen to that stuff?!"
...and I DJ for a living. :)
I have to admit...some are just terrible.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
LOL! This thread put a smile on my face. I've had my 73 for the past 15 years but moth balled it almost 8 years ago when our first son was born.
For a whole host of reasons it was never a priority. This year I finally made the time to get her back up and going. My son now almost 8 had the toughest time understanding that 38 year old car still ran???? Both kids love the beast but geez that made me feel old. (I'm 46 BTW).

5562733156_141f93e7bc_b.jpg

I think your still young enough to have another kiddo...............but instead of mothballing the ol girl this time....................sell that jalopy to me ;D

I am 47 and would love to have that beauty in my barn

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
my brothers girlfriend came up one day and said "wow...cool jeep". i told her thanks but jeeps are for girls! then she looked again and said "i didnt realize that was a bronco...when i was in high school we used to 4 wheel in one of those...those are cool"
my daughter has a jeep. she frowned when she saw my new t-shirt.

Last edited: