• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Complete body and paint delivered

AOtt

Long time visitor here wondering if there are any members that can deliver a complete doors fenders tailgate tub grill painted at a fair price point. I’m not sure what fair is but if you’ve got a price and body please let me know. I don’t want to mess with it but will handle frame axles drivetrain engine and electronics. As well as all the bits and pieces. I started another thread this AM discussion on fiberglass as their easy to obtain but didn’t know how it rides down the road in a plastic bucket. Thanks

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
Your location would be key. If you complete your profile it will let people know where you are and who can best help.

Now for your request I am gonna say most likely no with the exception of being on a Chip Foose budget. It seems too dangerous to try to paint all of this separately and deliver it to you without the fiberglass cracking, scratches happening or shipping being thousands. Plus these Broncos require a lot of fitment to get things just right, and I prefer to do my final tub/doors paint with the doors on and body on the frame for that reason. But I am not as good as NickTrix, BCBroncos, or Bailey Bilt.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
lou Gabriel can build you a tub for about 8-9K but don't quote me then another 1-2K to ship. His shop is LAL customs

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
the tub delconick had for sale a while back looked really good. the price was (K i think.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The last paint job I hired out we spent a fair bit discussing how good of a job I wanted it to be. I've known the shop to paint SEMA show cars and the budget can be $20k+. So I had to downplay that I wanted it to look nice, expected minor flaws. Took the paint job as sprayed (they cleaned any nibs and runs) but no cut and buff.

Shipping just a painted body. That is going to be tough, and expensive. Depending on location that could cost as much as the paint job.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
This is not the right approach you have.Get the body/tub and then have painted locally.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Just thought I would throw this out there as a suggestion. Not knowing your location in respect to a professional Bronco restoration shop, but if your close this may be viable option.

I happen to be with in two hours of the Bronco Connection shop in Norfolk Nebraska. My plan if it all come together. Is to strip the bronco body down removing the trim, glass, wiring, gauges, interior and gut the doors. Then trailer the Bronco to their shop and have them transfer the body to one of their frames or rotisserie. While they work on the body. I will work on the drive train, motor, trans, and frame. Once I’m done, take the rolling finished frame back to them so they can mount the body and do all the final fitment to the original frame. Then I will bring it home and do the final assembly, wiring, trim, glass install etc.

On another note. The Bronco Connection does do full tubs and either shipments them or you could go pick it up.

Good luck on what ever you do.

chuckyb

Contributor
What gnsteam said is what I’m doing. Not that it makes it the only right way, but it does make sense to get the frame and drivetrain fresh and rebuilt and together before introducing fresh body work and paint. Also, it does seem to be a best practice among the guru builders here to work on getting the tub straight and true while on a jig then transfer it back onto the frame where it will reside for the alignment of doors and everything else.

Lastly, having your fresh body work and paint on a rolling chassis makes it a whole lot easier to get the rig back home for final assembly.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
parts wanted section, good place to post, start..

Good luck