• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Confirmed Very Early-U13-Many New Pics 1/17

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Well it does look like I will be getting this Bronco. 99% sure it is a 66 U13 Roadster. I will not be able to get it or get more pics or the exact vin # for about 3 or 4 weeks. I will sell it out right to if someone wants it, or I will part it out. Want to see if anyone wanted to get first crack or reserve certain parts. I would like to sell the whole thing all together, well maybe the top and doors seperate beause the guys who really want an early 66U13 probably dont want the top and doors. Quick question also, did any 66U13's come with a PTO?

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_0888.JPG
    IMG_0888.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
The PTO were all dealer add on I believe,? someone will chime in if I'm wrong.

hc

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
that is a limited "GI JOE" edition Bronco, very valuable! ;D

4lofun

wow, nice doors%) almost the gull wing design,,very unique.. the top,,,ah worth more in aluminum scrap $$$$

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Were the speakers bigger on the 66, the slots in the dash are a lot wider then the ones in my 72 are. Wounder if the CB still work's, how much for the back seat????

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
The speaker grill on the early ones were like that to deture the rain for when the top was off or never on.

FORD had a better idea?:?

hc

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
The PTO were all dealer add on I believe,? someone will chime in if I'm wrong.

hc

Even though the bumper is home grown, I doubt the dealer would hack the grille up like this to install the winch going by its location. My theory is it was a PO install.

Attachments

• IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 126

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Even though the bumper is home grown, I doubt the dealer would hack the grille up like this to install the winch going by its location. My theory is it was a PO install.

I agree,That winch looks older than the Bronco

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
If you have never owned a PTO winch you would be amazed. No worry about battery getting weak. You can literally put the cable up a tree, and the winch will pull the truck up the tree. They are really incredible.

Scott

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
If you have never owned a PTO winch you would be amazed. No worry about battery getting weak. You can literally put the cable up a tree, and the winch will pull the truck up the tree. They are really incredible.

Scott

My buddy had a '71 FJ40 with a PTO. It was a beast. Lotta torque from the tranny/tcase. It wasn't as smooth as an electric winch but the pulling power was off the charts.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Only thing is if your stuck and kill the motor and can't restart it's over,then again, it's pretty much over on an electric too as far as that goes.I have had both and either is better than non when your over waist deep in Mississippi mud!!

hc

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
My buddy had a '71 FJ40 with a PTO. It was a beast. Lotta torque from the tranny/tcase. It wasn't as smooth as an electric winch but the pulling power was off the charts.

This is a true story...This guy from a town near by(Pontotoc,Ms.he's the Mayor there now)was kinda wild back in the 70's had a 75 Bronco with a PTO and hooked up to a large limb in a huge old Oak tree and pulled the bronco til it was hanging nose up and rear several feet off the ground.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
This is a true story...This guy from a town near by(Pontotoc,Ms.he's the Mayor there now)was kinda wild back in the 70's had a 75 Bronco with a PTO and hooked up to a large limb in a huge old Oak tree and pulled the bronco til it was hanging nose up and rear several feet off the ground.

Then the engine died and it is still hanging there;D;D

I had a PTO on my halfcab that mut have weighed 500# with the C-channel and floor plate bumper. Also has 300' of 3/8" cable. The PO cut a notch and welded a c-shape 1/2" plate to the trackbar to clear the shaft from the PTO%)

Jim W.

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Ok, found the vin off of an old insurance card.

Vin # U13FL752321

I will be picking up this Bronco in a couple of weeks. I have taken many pics that I will add tonight. It is the orig 6 cyl with 3 spd on column. It does have a Ramsey PTO winch with all the connections and drive shaft in place. Amazingly the dash, dash pad and other items are in incredible shape. Dash pad does not have the first crack in it. Hood looks perfect. I will update tonight.

Scott

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
If I have read the vin decoder correctly, then this is a very early 66. Made in Sept of 65, the second month Broncos were made. Is this correct? The odometer reads 36,000 miles, which i think may be accurate. This truck according to the relative of the man who passed away that I am buying it from, said the truck just stayed at the hunting camp. It has also been parked for 15 yrs.

Scott